Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

Roku replaced the box and remote for me. Since then I haven't had any issues.

0 Kudos
Bordentown50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku replaced the remote and that fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
Natiko
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Bordentown50 wrote:

Roku replaced the remote and that fixed the problem. 

How did you get a replacement remote?

0 Kudos
Bordentown50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I posted the problem issue on this forum and Roku contacted me to provide them some additional information on this forum’s private side (I at first ignorantly responded to their email rather than on this forum’s private chat, which delayed the overall response 😀). Several days later I received the remote in the mail. 

0 Kudos
Xsnowwhite
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I worked with Roku for weeks to troubleshoot, and then in the end they told me that my only option was to order a new remote. How come some other people got sent new remotes for free??

0 Kudos
Bordentown50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear about your experience.

0 Kudos
Juliette

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue - I have a ROKU-3, model 4200X that has started displaying the remote control battery icon in upper right corner of screen.  I have replaced the batteries 3 times, with brand new Duracell batteries.  After reading the many comments that this does not work, I am hesitant to reset the box and/or my modem/router.  We have 3 Roku devices, all different models - I tried using one of the other remotes to see if that would work, it didn't.

Not only does the icon display, my whole device has become very slow to respond.  It also buffers a lot, whereas it never did that before.  This has been going on for about 2 months now. 

Has Roku figured out what the solution is to this problem?

Thank you

Bordentown50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too had a Roku 3 and the persistent battery icon drove me nuts for awhile. Whenever the icon was on (which was always) navigating any menus was painfully slow and annoying. Additionally, the **bleep** thing steadily killed whatever batteries I put in the remote control. The resolution for me was that Roku sent me a new remote control. I believe there is obvious software problems with the original Roku 3 remote control. I am honestly surprised that Roku seems to be taking a kind of piecemeal approach to this when so many people are raising the same issue.

jlamonaco

Jump to solution

same thing happening here. ive tried new batteries, resetting the stick and re-pairing the remote. Nothing works. I may try pairing one of the other 2 remotes from our other roku devices, but this seems like an issue w/ the latest update maybe?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bordentown50 @jlamonaco 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator