Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexashen
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

I have no idea. Maybe there is something wrong with your battery.

0 Kudos
klinder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't think that's it.  I've tried two different brands, both brand new.  Thanks, though.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@klinder Thanks for the details. Please send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
klinder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, Tanner.  I gave up... don't have the time or effort to deal with it.  I called support and sent it in for replacement.  Hoping that it is a defect and a new unit fixes the problem.  We'll see.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
R625problemstoo
Streaming Star

55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution
Brand new batteries, tried three sets, including ones that came with remote. They all show full bars. Yet the overlay battery icon in the right corner appears on screen up to 5 times a day in the middle of watching content. Randomly, battery level is full, no reason this notification should EVER come up while watching shows, movies, content. Again. Have reset, factory reset and taken batteries out for more than a minute.
Error keeps repeating,

TCL says this is a known Roku problem. When will it be fixed?

It's ridiculous to get visually interrupted while watching stuff..

Happens during HDMI, all apps built in the roku, apple tv and fire TV.

Problem is not the batteries or the remote.

Tv is r625 55 inch on latest software patch.

Answer/solution please, I see this issue reported all over the web and no solution.

Accidentally posted same problem in the wrong section minutes ago. This is the correct section, please remove/delete previous post I made.
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

@R625problemstoo 

Hi there, 

Thanks for letting us know.

- When this issue occurs, which streaming channel(s) are you watching?

- Is there any pattern to the behavior or does it seemingly occur at random? 

- Could you record a brief video clip of the behavior and share it with us so we can review? 

Please feel free to send me a private message with more details and I'll follow up directly to help investigate further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
R625problemstoo
Streaming Star

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution
I already reported the variables and no I can not sit at my TV recording video waiting for it to happen. There appear to be no pattern that I can tell. Wish I could be more help.

Again, this happens on any app I have tried using the Roku OS, HDMI in etc the issue seems to be baked into the Roku OS. Definitely seems random, although something must be triggering it.
I have used prime, Netflix HBO go, espn etc on Roku based apps, fire TV and apple tv. Also HDMI laptop in watching from laptop. It occurs under all circumstances.

Thanks.

jimcat
Channel Surfer

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

Is it in the upper right corner?Almost looks like a circle with a usb or battery icon in the middle?

0 Kudos

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution
I had the same problem. It's a low battery icon. New batteries in the remote and then resetting the box made it go away.
summersrl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am experiencing this same issue: Battery status icon continues to pop up in the top right corner of the screen every 3 - 5 minutes. Currently the battery percentage shows as 100%. This has been a consistent issue since purchase (September/October 2019). Any thoughts as to how to get this to stop appearing (or appearing only when the battery is low) will be greatly appreciated.