Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cawlu
Level 7

Backlight failure. Sound and image work, but need a flashlight to see picture.

As title states, tv works, but backlight all the sudden stopped. Image is visible with a flashlight close to the screen. Attempted soft reset via home x10 and home x5, up, rr x2, ff x2. Doubt I have a warranty via seller, cause I don’t think if I bought from Best Buy or amazon. But it was probably two years ago. Ideas? Suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Backlight failure. Sound and image work, but need a flashlight to see picture.

Roku only provides the OS and I doubt there's anything in there that would help.  I'd research the particular brand of TV for backlight issues.

0 Kudos
ammmze
Level 7

Re: Backlight failure. Sound and image work, but need a flashlight to see picture.

Does it work when you power cycle the TV? In the last couple weeks my Roku TV's have been having this issue when waking up. I have the fast start feature enabled. My TV's are all TCL. A cheap 32" one and the newer-ish 6 series. 

0 Kudos