Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cawlu
Level 7

Backlight failure. Sound and image work, but need a flashlight to see picture.

As title states, tv works, but backlight all the sudden stopped. Image is visible with a flashlight close to the screen. Attempted soft reset via home x10 and home x5, up, rr x2, ff x2. Doubt I have a warranty via seller, cause I don’t think if I bought from Best Buy or amazon. But it was probably two years ago. Ideas? Suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Backlight failure. Sound and image work, but need a flashlight to see picture.

Roku only provides the OS and I doubt there's anything in there that would help.  I'd research the particular brand of TV for backlight issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ammmze
Level 7

Re: Backlight failure. Sound and image work, but need a flashlight to see picture.

Does it work when you power cycle the TV? In the last couple weeks my Roku TV's have been having this issue when waking up. I have the fast start feature enabled. My TV's are all TCL. A cheap 32" one and the newer-ish 6 series. 

0 Kudos