Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Having the  same  problem  on 2 roku sticks one  seemed to happen  after bbc iplayer  updated they show code 02056 

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

Please report to BBC support, the more reports they get, the quicker we can get it sorted. Thanks

0 Kudos
esd3104

So it seems to be device/software related also.

I have this issue on a Premiere device 3920X. However, on an ancient 3500X it is working OK.

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

I have exactly this problem on a brand new Roku stick followed your steps and it doesn’t work unfortunately 🙁 still looking for a solution 

0 Kudos
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

Just following up on a prev post I bought a new stick model 3810RW June 22, checking your link to the bbc web site this model is not listed even though new, the web site explains models listed are not approved so assume it’s a Roku problem you may want to avoid 3810 models ?

0 Kudos
JbPGH
Channel Surfer

I have two Roku Express 3930X's.  One of them started generating the 02056 error so I swapped over to the other one and that is fine. So same Roku model, same TV, same internet connection.  Put the one generating the error on the other TV and it generates the same error there as well.  Wifi connection speed is 20M or more so it isnt a wifi problem.  App version on the two units is the same 1.0 Build 91000032.

0 Kudos
JbPGH
Channel Surfer

And removing the app, reboot and then reinstall the app didn't help - same version was loaded.

0 Kudos
JbPGH
Channel Surfer

Neither did a reset to factory settings and reactivating it.

0 Kudos
glcohen
Channel Surfer

iPlayer working properly again today without needing any reinstallation.  They must have done a software update.

0 Kudos
JimN1
Binge Watcher

Hi all, following the previous post I can confirm iplayer working again, had to delete the app, restart Roku and re-install.

Hope it's resolved for everyone now.

0 Kudos