Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate quit wotking a few days ago.

Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate stoped working a few days ago. factory reset my roku ultra (2018) and my samsung q80r tv. still will not work. I have it enabled. used to switch to a black screen and tv said the resolution with 24p and 25p depending on what i was watching. now no black screen or flicker before a show starts and tv says resolution and 60p. Anyone else have an idea what could be causing this? I should also add I tried different hdmi cables and unplugged power and replugged everything back in before the resets.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Auto-Adjust Display Refresh Rate quit wotking a few days ago.

So now it works on everything I use except hulu.

Highlighted
Level 9

I got a firmware update to 9.2.0 on January 27 which may be related; the feature also stopped working on Hulu for me roughly around then. There's an article here titled "How do I change the display refresh rate to match the native format of each movie, video or TV show?" that states "The auto-adjust display refresh rate setting is not available for content from Netflix."

I asked "Should this be edited to include Hulu also (since your latest firmware update) or should your customers continue to pursue this with Roku and Hulu as a tech support issue?"

I suspect it's intentional on Roku's part, but since the default for the feature is off, and Hulu Live stays at 60Hz, and I took the option to pay for no (or limited) commercials to avoid the flicker from ads at different framerates from on demand content, I wish they left it alone. The best option would be to allow the user to turn on the feature with an option to include Netflix and/or Hulu (default being excluded). That would give us the option to deliberately enable it.

I was close to adding Netflix (been a few years since I had it). Now I'll just wait until they update the app so Roku will allow 24Hz refresh, I guess.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Actually, it still works. Make sure you have a roku screensaver enabled. Might want to set the wait time to 1 minute to try this. Open Hulu, wait for the screensaver to activate (it'll be a floating Hulu logo, regardless of the roku screensaver selected). It will work now on everything you'd expect it to. 

As soon as you exit Hulu, it breaks again, so repeat next time you open Hulu.

0 Kudos