Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryceb123
Level 8

Audio video sync issue

Hi there

I think a recent update to my Roku Premiere + has introduced a problem.

Until recently the sound and video were in sync,  the audio now clearly lags the video.

I have removed a bunch of channels to free up space, i've rebooted the device etc.

The sound is not out of sync with my other devices (blu ray etc) or terrestrial TV.

It is clearly a roku issue - can i roll back the update or is there a fix coming?

cheers

Bryce

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Bryceb123
Level 8

Re: Audio video sync issue

I have found a workaround (!) not a solution - that's clearly a code issue for a coder (said a coder)

So i discovered i fix my video sync issue by  pausing the playback, plugging a headset into my Premiere + remote's audio jack.  Playing, then unplugging

syncs back up....weird. 

Bryce

0 Kudos
blfiam
Level 7

I've found if you go back a page (press back arrow top left) and start again it will usually sync up. You can unplug it to reboot it and it seems to work for awhile also. This is an annoying issue that I wish Roku would fix.

0 Kudos
davidh10
Level 7

I have the identical problem with a 4640X 4k ULTIMATE hooked to a 4K Spectre TV.     OTA TV fine,  DVD playback fine.   Have 2 other 1080P TVs using a Roku 3 -no audio lag problems.   Will try some of the suggestions but nothing has worked up to now.   Definitely a Roku 4 only problem.   Ordered a super HDMI cable to try also.  

0 Kudos
davidh10
Level 7

Tried it and it worked!  Beyond weird!   The headphones are in synch.  

0 Kudos