Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Audio sync issues on every channel

I have done everything I can think of to fix this problem, the audio is out of sync on every channel, very frustrating, restart doesn't help, changing settings doesn't help, can't contact customer service due to covid-19, can somebody please tell me how to fix this problem, I have roku Premier+ ... Ty

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Audio sync issues on every channel

Such a shame. My post on a similar issue 2 weeks ago goes ignored. My issue is on demand channels, like Roku Channel and Britbox. I also mentioned about no phone support. I am feeling that I wasted my money.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue just went out and bought a new player yesterday worked great now today same thing audio all out of sync! It is very frustrating that this issues seems to be a problem but Roku won’t help fix the issue! Poor customer service! Have a Roku TV and no issues just my players. Guess I will check another product since Roku doesn’t allow you to talk to someone to help with the issue! 

Highlighted
Level 9

My exact advice.

My social media points to this and a couple of other posts, not being answered. Roku is shooting itself in the face by letting things go this way. They don't even acknowledge we are saying anything. 

Screenshot of this post being kept, for my online use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had a 3 that started having audio issues and thought it was HDMI issue with TV. LG said it was a Roku problem. Fast forward I purchased a stick, and it’s better in a sense that it’s not garbled but just no sound and at times not syncing with video. I have to system restart daily in order to have no problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Try disabling the auto adjust refresh rate

Highlighted
Level 9

How would the video refresh rate be with the audio issue? Comparing apples to shrimp cocktail.  I suspect that expat video might deal with refresh frequencies. But all video would not. If that was an issue, Roku did a huge Biggun. Their reputation would go down faster than it is going now.  The North American refresh rate should always be at 60. Others use 30. Yes, I know some use 120. Do not confuse refresh rate with frames per second.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@junkboxx wrote:

How would the video refresh rate be with the audio issue? Comparing apples to shrimp cocktail.  I suspect that expat video might deal with refresh frequencies. But all video would not. If that was an issue, Roku did a huge Biggun. Their reputation would go down faster than it is going now.  The North American refresh rate should always be at 60. Others use 30. Yes, I know some use 120. Do not confuse refresh rate with frames per second.

Ok then don't try it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@Behenchod is correct.

Within this (10 page) forum thread, many people (myself included) have confirmed that turning off the auto-adjust-refresh-rate *is* an effective *workaround* for this audio sync bug that Roku introduced (and has still not fixed) many months ago.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Audio-Out-of-Sync-OS-9-2/td-p/514773...

@junkboxx, Behenchod was only trying to help you......nothing more (as am I, so please don't be angry at me as well).  Even if this workaround *doesn't* work for you (which it probably will), it has worked for a significant amount of other people.  Therefore, either way, this (shrimp cocktail) post of yours was wrong.  I thought you would want to know that.  If you'd rather not know what an effective workaround is for most people, than I apologize for chiming in.

You can ask Roku themselves for the "how" and "why" regarding this longstanding bug of theirs (shame on them), because they are the only ones who can answer those questions.  We are just trying to help you, and hopefully I will not regret that.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

I wanted to remind everyone of the Community Guideline in place:
Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator