Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DurbanGirl1
Level 7

Audio sync issue when watching Amazon Prime

Jump to solution
I just upgraded our Roku 3 with a Roku Ultra. I’m having issues when watching Amazon Prime - the audio is quite out of sync and it’s hard to follow who’s saying what on the screen. I plugged the Roku 3 back in and it works fine. I’ve been reading up on this issue - and I haven’t found a fix that actually works. I tried deleting the Amazon app and restarting the Roku - then added the channel back. No bueno.

Has anyone with this problem been succesful in fixing it?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dwboston
Level 8

Re: Audio sync issue when watching Amazon Prime

Jump to solution
My solution was hitting the * button, going in audio and making sure that volume mode is "off". Voila, audio sync problems disappear. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
aagstn
Level 7

Jump to solution
I had the same issue with the Roku Ultra I purchased. Vudu was the worst and was nearly a full second off. Had this issue on separate TVs and sound systems. I couldn't solve it and returned the Roku Ultra.
0 Kudos
stumap
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have had a Roku ultra for 1 year and this last week the audio in prime and Netflix has started to get out of sync, only a system restart corrects it.

Ps. Found some other posts suggesting the soundbar might be responsible
0 Kudos
bozzy
Level 9

Jump to solution
"stumap" wrote:
I have had a Roku ultra for 1 year and this last week the audio in prime and Netflix has started to get out of sync, only a system restart corrects it.

It is due to the latest update 9.0 4083. I'm having to reboot 3 Rokus daily now because audio gets out of sync.
0 Kudos
PricklyPear
Level 7

Jump to solution
I had the same issue, but the issue seems to have disappeared sometime in the past week.  I don't have a soundbar on the Roku Ultra we use for Amazon Prime channel. Our TV feeds its output to a stereo receiver that feeds the sound to a pair of stereo speakers.

While we had the issue, I found the easiest way to get it back in sync was FF for a couple seconds, pause, then rewind. Alas, whatever they did to fix the issue broke both FF and REW.  Both those functions are now essentially dead keys on the remote. 

The feature that identified actors on Pause also disappeared yesterday.  

Will this channel ever work the same for two weeks running?  It is getting ridiculous. 
0 Kudos
kmhamm
Level 7

Jump to solution
Same problem - audio lagging video, most noticeable on Amazon Prime, but happens on most apps. I've rebooted several times and it still happens. My internet speed is good. I'm using an older Panasonic plasma and have the Roku plugged into an HDMI slot directly. I use a Roku Streaming Stick +, purchased in 2019 on Amazon. 

Anyone know if this is fixable? 
0 Kudos
stumap
Level 7

Jump to solution
"stumap" wrote:

I have found that toggling the TruVolume feature on my Vizio soundbar off and on from the Vizio remote corrects the problem without stopping the stream or restarting anything
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
@kmhamm

During playback of any content, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on thew lefthand side of the screen. Do you currently have any Volume Mode enabled here? If so, try turning this 'Off' and see if this helps improve the issue you're experiencing. 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
2wgasa
Level 7

Jump to solution
I started having problem with Amazon Prime with my Ultra a little over a month (I think) ago. My roku 3's, streaming sticks and roku tv's did not have the issue. System restarts didn't help. I did have the audio leveling on--no idea what it does--so turned it off and restarted and had same problem. I replaced the Ultra with a 3 using same HDMI cable and worked perfectly when I resumed my test movie. I finally contacted Roku support via chat and went through the same stuff as others have mentioned eventually being told to contact Amazon Prime.

Yesterday, I did a factory restore and problem gone. Before posting, I just checked again by resuming test movie and still good. (BTW, had no issues if I started a movie at the beginning but if paused then resumed came back to the sync issue.) I really hope this it.
0 Kudos
2wgasa
Level 7

Jump to solution
Ps. Never had issues with Netflix.
0 Kudos