Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleTuna
Level 8

Re: Audio sync issue when watching Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

Have the Roku Express...

When I tried to get to that menu by pressing the "*" button while playing, it just enabled the audio guide...

Have explored all the Roku menus, submenus and I've not found these options of "Night" and "Leveling Off" available...

I've want to buy a new television, but the roku option ones are scaring me off because of this disjointed audio visual issue...

0 Kudos
Sickofit
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I set volume control off? I have separate remote for TV. I usually just fast forward quickly and volume will catch up but I have to do it all the time. I would like to fix the audio video permanently

0 Kudos
cavanaugh
Level 7

Jump to solution

Several people have suggested this, but on my Roku device, when you hit * no such menu appears. All that happens is that you can toggle closed captioning on & off. No fix has worked--unplugging Roku & rebooting, deleting Amazon app & re-adding, etc. Shows and movies on Amazon are simply out of sync, always, and often glitch every few minutes too. It is enraging that, with the enormous amounts of money the entire nation tithes to Jeff Bezos every month, he cannot deliver a working product.

0 Kudos
oldskool
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have also recently upgraded to a Roku Ultra and have experienced the same problem with Amazon Prime. The sound seems considerably before the video. I have made sure the Volume Mode is off and and it still seems out of sync.
0 Kudos
andyhilton27
Level 7

Jump to solution

Amazon Prime Video is available on multiple platforms allowing the users to watch their favorite shows on any device. ... The Amazon Prime Video audio out of sync issue can occur due to incorrect frame matching settings in Apple TV or issues with your streaming devices.

0 Kudos
ExTechjunkie
Level 8

Jump to solution

What finally worked for me was to disable a setting under Roku system settings > advanced settings called something like “auto adjust frame rate”. Give that a try. 

GNMC
Level 7

Jump to solution

In settings/audio, change to stereo.

I had out of sync and distortion to the sound. Changing audio settings to stereo solved both issues.

Shernandez2522
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue as my equipment was professionally installed by Best Buy Magnolia department. There is a audio/ video sync issue when watching Amazon Prime through the Roku Ultra so freakin frustrating and I have rebooted the Roku Ultra, cleared the cache, turn the leveling to "off" and still no change. Have an excellent internet connection. What to do now thinking 🤔about? Thinking about dumping the Roku Ultra and getting a Amazon Cube to stream, any thoughts?

0 Kudos
nv1
Level 9

Jump to solution

To all: Please see this topic thread...

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

I'll say it again: This problem started a couple of months ago when the software was updated to version 9.4.0. Before that I never noticed sync issues. Others have reported the same thing, and it happens on the most basic devices as well as the newest most advanced ones, so it seems to be a software issue. I reported it to Roku more than a month ago. They just don't care.

On my system, some programs are WAY out of sync, especially Amazon Prime. Selected programs on Roku Channel were in sync before the update but are way out of sync now. Other programs are nearly in sync (close enough), none seem to be perfect. Movies on TCM or Criterion are hit or miss. Before the update they were perfectly in sync, now most are off by a few frames. Perhaps if you haven't had the problem, it could be the type of programing you are watching, the type of audio system you have, or just luck. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
GNMC
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had out of sync and distortion to the sound. Changing audio settings to stereo solved both issues.

0 Kudos