Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raymond03
Level 7

Audio skipping

Hello I recently purchased a tcl 8 series 65 inch (65q825) and I have it connected to a Samsung (hw-t550) soundbar. No matter what settings I put on the audio seems to skip for a second at random times. I currently have it set up using arc, and using an Xbox one as a media player, if I use the apps on the built in roku on the tv the random audio skips are more frequent,

i currently have the Xbox set to hdmi out bitstream, the tv is set to pass through, and the speakers are set to dts.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
user4years
Level 7

Re: Audio skipping

I am having same issue with this TV.  

0 Kudos
DanaMac
Level 7

My new Roku Ultra 4k player has just started repeatedly skipping audio on all channels I try.  It's a constant skip about 1 second interval.  The rotating circle load indicator also makes a quick pause on screen at a similar rate.  All sound options turned off.  I've used both wireless (75-90 Mbps feed) and direct Ethernet (new CAT-6 cable).  HDMI output connected to Anthem AVM 60 processor.  It was performing without issues for several weeks.  Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DanaMac

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried restarting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Raymond03
Level 7

Still having same issue a year later,  updated firmware on soundbar and same problem, no updates on the tv have fixed the issue.

0 Kudos