Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hertj94
Level 7

Audio not coming out of tv after disconnecting surround sound system

I recently purchased a Sony surround sound system and plugged it in via the digital audio out port on the back of my Sony roku tv. I purchased a new television and disconnected the surround sound system and plugged it into my new tv. After disconnecting the surround sound system I now don’t have any sounds coming from the roku tv. I reset it to factory settings but still can’t get any sound. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Audio not coming out of tv after disconnecting surround sound system

Just disconnecting the optical cable will generally not cause the TV to switch to its internal speakers automatically. You have to select the correct audio output in the TV settings. Now why there's no audio after a factory reset I can't say. I would check the audio settings menu and ensure it's set to use the TV speakers.  

You mentioned your TV as a Sony Roku TV. I'm not aware of Sony ever making a TV with the Roku OS. They use Android TV as their OS. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos