Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARRR
Level 7

Re: Audio missing anyone Roku3

Great to hear cubanorafter!  I'll attempt the same tonight and report back.
0 Kudos
Ldkap
Level 7

YES!! The factory reset worked for me too!! Thanks for sharing your solution.
0 Kudos
Lorcanh
Level 7

Thanks Cubanorafter, the factory reset has it working again.
0 Kudos
ARRR
Level 7

It worked for me as well!! Time to catch up on some shows.  Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
SailFoilFly
Level 7

"cubanorafter" wrote:
FIX WORKED FOR ME:

I had the same issue with my Roku3 after the update. No audio out on any app to my TV or Receiver. Only audio that worked was the Roku menu.
I attempted to adjust the audio settings, remove apps, reboot, etc and nothing fixed the audio issue.

I decided to do a factory reset and that fixed the audio issue. Verified that I am still on 8.1 and all apps I have tested are working (Netflix, Amazon Prime, PBS Kids, Disney, Plex, HBO, Showtime)
Of course I had to link all those apps again with my cable TV provider so keep that in mind...

Same issues here except both my Roku3 (one wifi, one ethernet) quit audio at the same time but my Roku 2 on wifi has been fine. I could tell it was related to the Roku update but it lead me to think it was an enhanced remote hijacking audio sine the Roku 2 didn't have one... Been trying to fix it for a couple days as I had time, not an easy problem to search for online given the audio worked on the menu but not in channels.... Just got the ALL DONE after factory resetting both and both work fine now. Thanks for posting
0 Kudos
cubanorafter
Level 7

Glad that helped everyone out! 8-)
0 Kudos
crazybirdman
Level 8

Is there any other fix for this besides resseting the Roku? And won't it start happening again if my Roku updates again?
0 Kudos
cubanorafter
Level 7

"crazybirdman" wrote:
Is there any other fix for this besides resseting the Roku? And won't it start happening again if my Roku updates again?

I do not know of any other fixes, but I can tell you that when you factory reset it, it keeps the latest version of software. Not sure if there is some cached files that just needed to be deleted, but seems to be working for those who have tried it. I've been using it about a week now and still working just fine
0 Kudos