Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Audio lag after ads

On multiple channels, my audio/video gets out of sync after advertisements. I searched and tried all fixes which do work until the next set of ads come up and then the issue comes back. The screen stays black while the audio starts before the video so I'm not sure if it's the audio or the video that's the problem. I set it to stereo, PCM, on Roku and my TV and even tried multiple combinations including the raw audio setting on my TV and yet nothing seems to fix it. I have the video set to 4K HDR 60hz 4:2:0 and the auto adjust display refresh rate enabled. I'm using the Roku Ultra 4K HDR and a Hisense 50H6D 4k TV. Please only serious replies, I don't need to hear about how yours works just fine, unless you've had the same problem and fixed it.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

Re: Audio lag after ads

I posted 2 previous comments to one of the other posts on audio sync issues. I have an older Roku Express and never had a problem until a few months ago but my symptoms are the same as yours. On most channels immediately after adverts some of which are substituted with an "commercial break in progress message" my audio is out of sync. If I leave and reenter the channel I am back in sync. Like you I have tried all of the suggestions posted and for me none of them have worked. This is driving me crazy and its about time Roku provided a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem and have to Fast Forward or reverse to sync after commercials.  Happens on Vudu and Pluto as those are the apps I watch with commercials ... does not do it any other time.   I too have tried all the settings to no avail and was hoping to find a solution here :-(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The solution I found was to go to settings... Then to advanced system settings... Then go to advanced display settings... then select auto-adjust display refresh rate and DISABLE it. I guess the change in refresh rate during ads caused mine to get out of sync. I hope this solution works for you as it did for me

@chesskix wrote:

I have the same problem and have to Fast Forward or reverse to sync after commercials.  Happens on Vudu and Pluto as those are the apps I watch with commercials ... does not do it any other time.   I too have tried all the settings to no avail and was hoping to find a solution here :-(

Highlighted
Level 7

That worked :-)  

Many Thanks!

0 Kudos