Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rambutan
Level 7

Audio keeps going out requiring reboot to fix

I have a 3810X Streaming Stick+ and the audio has been going out very often, requiring a restart to fix it. This used to happen occasionally but recently (possibly after some update) it's started happening much more frequently, about once an hour. 

Normally the way the problem manifests is that audio is working fine within a particular app (youtube, hbo, netflix, etc.) but then after exiting to the home screen and entering a different app, no audio.  Strangely, the Roku menu click sounds are usually still audible and not distorted. This is true even after returning to the homescreen after experiencing the problem in an app.  Restarting always fixes the problem but is getting extremely annoying.

Any chance of a fix for this problem? I saw many audio-related complaints but none that fit this exact description, hoping this isn't a hardware issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
REGray55
Level 7

Re: Audio keeps going out requiring reboot to fix

Its like Roku did an update and its affecting the sticks and devices. Doesn't affect TV's with it. Any permanent solutions? 

0 Kudos
REGray55
Level 7

Tired of rebotting or unplugging my device.

LiveLikeJose
Level 7

I have the exact same issue with our Roku Express.  All of a sudden, sound goes away.  The only way to get audio back is to unplug and re-start.  This started happening daily about a week or so ago.  Extremely aggravating!  It's gotta be a software bug.