Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
densal
Level 7

Audio issues

So I have an Insignia Roku TV and use a sound bar (LG). I use the ARC set up. However, when I go on Netflix through the app on the TV I always have to change to the audio setting from English 5.1 to English. Also when I try to watch any Prime Video through the app on the TV there is absolutely no sound. This does not occur on other apps for example everything works great with PS Vue and Pandora.
This does not happen when I use my Fire TV box I can use Netflix and obviously Prime Video no problem.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Audio issues

Netflix and Amazon streams their 5.1 content in Dolby Digital +. It's possible your soundbar doesn't support it. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
apodtele
Level 7

... and as a workaround you might need to disable Dolby D+, by selecting something other than Autodetect or Dolby D+ in Settings > Audio > HDMI ARC and S/PDIF.
0 Kudos
densal
Level 7

Changed the audio to S/PDIF and ARC that did the trick! Thanks!
0 Kudos