Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Audio issue distortion (the right speaker as we have seen).

Jump to solution

Yet another customer with a blown right speaker.

Model: 9102R

Serial: YL00EE172137

SW: 10.5.0 Build 4210-95

We cannot even use the bar now due to distortion with the sound.

Odd that it always seems to be the right speaker on these going, please Roku, remedy this situation, too many people seem to have the identical issue. It may be time for a recall.

Please Support, reach out to me, it has become unusable.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio issue distortion (the right speaker as we have seen).

Jump to solution

Must be nice to have money falling out your **bleep**.

Not everyone is in that position.

Anyway, Roku support called me and it looks like I may be getting a replacement from them after testing on another TV.

Thanks for not being any help at all and showing off your elitism.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JALogan 

If it's defective, and under warranty, initiate a return.

Roku: Returns

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is just out of warranty, with the numerous identical issues reported, it should be treated as a recall.

I spent good money on this, and it is not supposed to be a disposable temporary product.

I have 2 Roku devices, the lowest cost one seems to work better than the streambar. I want a working device that lasts more than 13 months for what I paid for it.

I want Roku to replace, what is obviously a subpar product.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Recall? lol. Recalls are for safety issues such as items catching fire, bolts coming loose, small items that cause choking. Just because your speaker is blown isn’t a safety issue for a recall. I have 6 Roku devices. 3 Streaming Stick+ (4 years old), 1 Roku Ultra (4 years old) and 2 TCL Roku TV’s about 1 year old. I also have the Roku Wireless speakers and subwoofer. All working great. You are 1 of over a million sold. So I don’t think there is any big issue. Out of warranty is out of warranty. If your stove or dishwasher was out of warranty you wouldn’t get a new one. If your car is out of warranty you can’t get it fixed for free

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Recalls are also issued for defect reasons.

I am not the only one with this issue, search the community, there are numerous incidents of the speaker blowing. With that amount of people with the same identical issue (right speaker blowing), that would fall under defective.

It could have been a run of bad speakers, a bad software update that applied too much power to them or numerous other things. They seem to all point to a manufacturer issue, not a customer use issue.

Perfect example, Dell motherboards with the Capacitor Plague. No fear of fire, but the boards all died resulting in a major recall.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

ROFL. You do realize about 10-20 issues on here is not even .001 % of the speakers with no issues. Your out of warranty. That’s it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JALogan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Look up Dell Computers and Capacitor Plague.

Yes, defects can create recall.

If you are not Support, please stop commenting, you are not offering any reasonable solution.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Your SOL. Your out of warranty. No one will care. You can buy a new one in less time it takes for you to whine on here

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JALogan wrote:

... If you are not Support, please stop commenting, you are not offering any reasonable solution.

I don't work for Roku either. You want me to go away too? Just so you know, this is a user support forum, and most of those responding will be other Roku users. I provided links to initiate the process. If you'd rather wait for someone from Roku to give you the same link, okay.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JALogan The Dell issue was across millions of computers sold. It was also like 17 years ago. Heck my dishwasher was $800. I was out of warranty when it broke. Guess what. I had to buy another one

0 Kudos