Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MARK088

Re: Audio is Always PCM Stereo

Go to settings. Navigate to audio. Navigate to navigate to menu Volume. Turn off menu volume.. Your roku will now play back Dolby and DTS 5.1 audio formats

MVman
Channel Surfer

I turned off “leveling” and it plays 5.1 now. Thanks!!!!

Splash1701D
Reel Rookie

Re: New Roku Express 4K + PCM only

THANK YOU! I was going crazy with this. Using an Optical cable with Vizio sound bar and 4k Vizio tv. No matter what I did, I kept getting Stereo instead of Dolby Audio. Changed Streaming audio format to Auto and Digital output format to Custom > DD+. Boom, Dolby Audio. 

0 Kudos

Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for their help and insights.

I have a Roku Ultra > Vizio 1080p TV > Sonos Beam Gen 2 connected by Arc. Was only getting PCM 2.0 with any source no matter the settings I tried in the Roku base Settings menu. (I've got both the audio settings set to Auto now).

For me, pressing the Options (*) menu while playing back media brought up sound options that included Volume Leveling which was turned on (don't remember turning that on in the past but maybe I did). Turned it off and I'm now getting 5.1 from all sources that support it. Now I just have to get a better TV with eARC so I can get ATMOS working!

Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Skiddz

I had the same issue, and after turning off Volume leveling, I could still only receive Stereo PCM from my Roku - yet DD5.1 directly from the the streaming apps within my TV.

After changing the volume leveling and rebooting my Roku...DD5.1 from the Roku.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
BostonDew

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ audio output is always PCM stereo (except for AppleTV)

Dan84, I have a nearly identical setup to you (including both the TV & Roku stick model).  Did you ever fix the audio issue you reported?  If so, how?

0 Kudos
billman71
Reel Rookie

Thank you!  That worked for me.

0 Kudos
TheToolman

My Roku Premier seems to revert to PCM stereo whenever it does an update, although the audio settings in the menu are still showing that it is set for DD+.  To fix it, I have to go to audio and set it to Auto, then reboot the Roku box, then go to back to audio setting, set custom and manually set it to DD+.  Then I get DD+ 5.1 again.  I'm not sure why this happens but when it does, I notice there was a recent update and then it outputs PCM stereo, even though the audio menu still shows DD+.  Seems to be a software bug.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos