Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeCT01

Audio files cut off first second?

I did a search for this issue and see some similar, but nothing with a solution if it exists.

Brand new Roku ultra. I installed Plex and went to play audio files in my library. When a song starts, the first second of the song gets cut off.

mist of my music is Flac, no I tried with some MP3 that were in my library and same thing.

I then installed the Roku Media Player and same situation with any music files.

I access Plex through my Apple TV, played same files and they play normally.

Is there a setting I should check, or solution to this? Other than the first part of every song getting cut, it sounds fine. It’s just annoying.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
ponderosa321
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio files cut off first second?

I have the same problem. It worked well in the past; but sometime this year every track started playing one or two seconds past the beginning of the music.

I'm just playing random FLAC files from USB. 

This is definitely annoying; a fix would be nice. I'm considering removing and reinstalling  RMP.

0 Kudos
engineermdr
Reel Rookie

I too am suffering from this problem on Roku.  I would say it's less than a second, but annoying, nonetheless.  Also happens when casting from plexamp.

I am so happy with plexamp on my phone, I wish some of that technology, like gapless playback, could propagate into the Roku app.

0 Kudos
thomas_mccaslin
Reel Rookie

I'm having this problem with my TCL 75R635.  The audio file type doesn't matter.  It happens when I use the Roku player to play anything served up from my Mezzmo media server, but it also happens when I play anything from Amazon music.  So it looks as though it's not related to whatever program I'm using, it's the TV itself.  It's annoying.  Wish I could find a fix. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@thomas_mccaslin

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thomas_mccaslin
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply.  I have opened a formal case.  The number is TCL Case # US0620221341 and I've been working with a tech by the name of Jeanella B.

0 Kudos