Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Audio drops out for a fraction of a second every 10 seconds or so...happening on multiple systems

We have four Roku boxes - of different vintages - attached to various different TV's.  One of the older ones started to have this symptom of getting brief audio drop-outs - maybe less than 1/2 a second - happening regularly about once every 5 to 10 seconds.   The video is working just fine - no hesitation or drop-outs at all.  We assumed that this older machine had become faulty and stopped using it.

But now the same problem has started to happen with my fairly new Roku Premiere...on a different TV set.

In both cases, these systems and the TV's they were connected to and all of the wiring and all of the setting were COMPLETELY unchanged before and after the problem started.   The dropouts happen on all shows and in all channels - and even with the audio that the Roku itself produces.

I'm wondering if this has perhaps been caused by a recent software update or something of that nature.

We have a good speed of internet hookup - and since the video is fine, I don't see how networking is likely to be the problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra Audio dropout

Having issues with the audio on my Roku Ultra where it drops out for a split second and then comes back on. I have run the audio through both the tv and a receiver and the issue is the same, audio is fine, it drops or decreases and then rebounds to a normal level. Is anyone else having this issue recently and are there any know fixes?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Audio dropout

I am using a Roku 2 and a Roku Express - I have lost all audio capabilities on both units. It worked on Wednesday but when I tried to watch it last night there was no audio on either unit. I tried to reset the units, I have tried removing power for awhile and re-powering the units to no avail. Nothing seemed to correct this occurrence. Video is working fine.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted. Is there a phone number for support to report this problem or to get some 'professional assistance?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mitch8 

Thanks for the note.

Are these devices plugged into different TVs and both are have the no audio issue? Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable that is connected to your device, as well as using another HDMI port on your TV?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

Thanks for the reply - appreciate knowing someone out there was listening.

This was plugged into the same tv - and the tv sound was fine on all other sources, (av, tv-ota, etc). When the sound wasn't playing on the new Roku Express, I tried the restart, unplug, typical things to do when something electronic doesn't work anymore (think master reset here), but nothing changed. So I grabbed the Roku 2 XS that the Express was replacing. Changed HDMI cable with the Roku 2 on multiple HDMI ports of the tv, still no sound.

Update: The following night all was well and sound was working fine with either Roku device on 2 of the HDMI tv ports. And there wasn't even a full moon that night - go figure.

0 Kudos