Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crashin2meyeah
Level 7

Audio description

Audio description on HBO Max. All of a sudden this narrating the show I was watching. This is extremely annoying. I already tried the Audio settings guide and it's off. Hbo max has no audio options. How can I fix this?

25 REPLIES 25\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio description

While you're playing a video on HBO Max if you press the * button on your remote is there any option for audio track?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kim540CNS
Level 8

I have the same problem. Just stated today. Very irritating!

benginal
Level 8

I have the same problem. Just started out of nowhere and I can't figure out how to turn it off. Very annoying. 

benginal
Level 8

@renojim wrote:

While you're playing a video on HBO Max if you press the * button on your remote is there any option for audio track?

No, nothing happens. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
GHR
Level 7

Same issue. Episode 7 of the flight attendant has this. Not 6. Not 8. HBO Max is also one of the poorest layouts of any app on Roku.  Truly bad. 

benginal
Level 8

@GHR wrote:

Same issue. Episode 7 of the flight attendant has this. Not 6. Not 8. HBO Max is also one of the poorest layouts of any app on Roku.  Truly bad. 

That’s the exact same with us, thought I was going crazy! It’s just episode 7 of flight attendant. Seems like it must be a problem on HBO’s end.

We were able to watch it fine on the computer where the audio options are available. 

Kim540CNS
Level 8

That’s exactly when it happened to us - E7 of The Flight Attendant. Glad to know that the next episode is better!

tlveik
Level 8

@Kim540CNS wrote:

That’s exactly when it happened to us - E7 of The Flight Attendant. Glad to know that the next episode is better!

Glad I'm not alone.  Exact same thing happening to me.  E7 of The Flight Attendant.  Never had that happen before.

LoFi
Level 7

Dying on episode 7 of flight attendant because of this. Has there been a solution?

@tlveik wrote:

@Kim540CNS wrote:

Glad I'm not alone.  Exact same thing happening to me.  E7 of The Flight Attendant.  Never had that happen before.