Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Audio delay | NCAA March Madness

Jump to solution

@Ahshot02 wrote:

The answer is way more simple! Go to your display options in setting and make 720p your default. Guaranteed to fix the audio!

You know, I hadn't thought of that. My TV is 1080p. If those with the issues are using Auto with 4K devices, or directly setting to 4K, perhaps that is part of the issue. I mean, if it worked for you, that could explain it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Orrmarkd

Jump to solution

FWIW, I have had this same issue with the March Madness app (last year and this year). To try to avoid it, I subscribed to DirectTV Stream, where I found the exact same thing happening! I just changed Display Settings to 720p, as suggested, and...so far, so good!

Tags (1)
poneill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don’t have a 4k tv. The suggestion for the 720 thing did work so far but it has made for a much worse stream with more buffering. 

0 Kudos
poneill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Found the solution that solved both my original problem and the problem of the stream being worse when you switch to 720zbyou don’t have to switch it to 720. You just have to switch display mode from auto detect. I switched it to 1080 and it’s been working fine

Bennn

Jump to solution

Believe everyone that says to change display to 720 or 1080. as soon as I turned off auto detect it instantly fixed the problem. I Had a 30 second delay between the announcer and the actual play happening. Drove me insane!

0 Kudos