Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malrats
Level 9

Audio cutting out using Netflix on Roku TV.

So far I’ve only watched Altered Carbon season 2 and just started Dead to Me season 2. The audio cuts out for 1-5 or so seconds and it happens frequently enough that it’s miserable.

If I reboot the Netflix app from the setting within the app, it’ll usually fix it for the rest of that Netflix session. Though that’s not even 100%. Only thing I’ve noticed that’s different than anything in the past is these are my first two shows using Dolby Vision. I also have HDR10 and that was what would always enable in the past, though I’m not sure if that would affect audio at all. I upgraded from a 4 series to 5 series TV, so I have Dolby Vision now for the first time.

Anyone else encountering issues like this? I tried playing the same content on my Xbox One X, and there was no audio issue, but it wouldn’t switch over to Dolby Vision. Only HDR10 or SDR.

Audio issues galore.
18 Replies
cmatthews27
Level 8

Re: Audio cutting out using Netflix on Roku TV.

See my post here

Having issues with Netflix and stuttering/audio drops. And it is only the Netflix channel

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/TCL-Roku-TV-and-Netflix-Buffering/m-p/563953#M6072

0 Kudos
malrats
Level 9

Audio issues galore.
0 Kudos
malrats
Level 9

@cmatthews27 wrote:

See my post here

Having issues with Netflix and stuttering/audio drops. And it is only the Netflix channel

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/TCL-Roku-TV-and-Netflix-Buffering/m-p/563953#M6072

So, I read through your thread and we don’t seem to have the same issue. There isn’t any buffering or error message happening for me. The audio is just making the sudden sound of it getting “choppy” and cutting out, and then it goes quiet for 1-5 seconds before it comes back. The video continues playing without issue. 

I unfortunately didn’t see any solution in your thread.

Audio issues galore.
Skh
Level 8

I've been having the same issue on Disney+ this weekend. Sounds just suddenly cuts out, then starts warbling or getting choppy, then comes back like normal. 

0 Kudos
MDFlyersFan88
Level 8

I’m having the same exact issue watching season 1 of Dead to Me on my 65 inch TCL series 6 RokuTV.  Must be the application as no other apps are experiencing this.  

MDFlyersFan88
Level 8

Sorry meant to say other apps “aren’t” having these issues. 

cbarbagallo
Level 9

I am getting the no sound issue across all apps.

jamesfrawl
Level 7

I am having the same problem since I upgraded to Premium Netflix. I contacted Netflix a few weeks ago about the issue but their only solution was to report playback issues on the website.  The Roku Netflix app is definitely the problem.  When I watch Netflix on other platforms or watch other streaming platforms on Roku, I do not have this issue.  They need to release an update!!

0 Kudos
MDFlyersFan88
Level 8

I have had the premium plan on Netflix since I purchased the TV and only started experiencing the stuttering audio a few weeks ago.  The video has always been fine.  Last night I removed the Netflix app and then reinstalled it.  I watched a few hours of a show and didn’t have any audio dropouts so maybe that fixed it.