Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkmcculley
Level 7

Re: Audio cutting out using Netflix on Roku TV.

Same here! No matter what app or channel I’m watching the “no sound” thing happens. Sometimes it comes back on its own, other times I have to restart Roku...happening for over a week now several times a day. Grrrrrrrrr....

malrats
Level 9

@MDFlyersFan88 wrote:

I have had the premium plan on Netflix since I purchased the TV and only started experiencing the stuttering audio a few weeks ago.  The video has always been fine.  Last night I removed the Netflix app and then reinstalled it.  I watched a few hours of a show and didn’t have any audio dropouts so maybe that fixed it. 

That’s actually what I did a few days ago, too, and then I binged the entire rest of Dead to Me season 2 and didn’t have a single issue. So hopefully that fixed it!

Audio issues galore.
0 Kudos
Skh
Level 8

It's been happening to me on Disney+, and tonight on Philo as well. I don't want to have to uninstall every platform and reload them all but I guess I'll try at least one to see if it works!

0 Kudos
cmatthews27
Level 9

Roku have confirmed it is Netflix's problem... Smiley Frustrated 

Below is the response from Roku Support...

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Roku.

I understand that you are facing issues with Netflix while watching 4K content.

This could be caused by a temporary issue that the channel provider is experiencing and maybe resolved if you reinstalled the channel.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the same sequence as mentioned below and see if the issue can be resolved.

Remove channel (highlight the channel, push the 'star' button on the Roku remote and select the option  remove channel)
System update (home>settings>system>system update)
System restart (home>settings>system>system update)
 Reinstall the channel.

If the issue persists and it happens only with Netflix,please contact the channel partner.
Contact number of Netflix-866-716-0414

Please write back to us if you have any further questions. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Roku, have a great day!
0 Kudos
cbarbagallo
Level 9

Except it happens on other channels.  Roku support is wrong.

0 Kudos
Kronixx
Level 7

Audio cutting out using Crave on Roku TV.

I have Roku Express and recently subscribed to CraveTv. The audio randomly cuts out for 4 or 5 seconds, every few minutes. Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Kudos
lolcatnip
Level 7

I found this thread from a Google search; I'm having the exact same problem, but with an Nvidia Shield. Only Netflix is affected, so it looks like a Netflix problem rather than a Roku problem. It's been happening to me a lot while watching The Good Place, and I don't remember it happening with anything else I've watched recently.

0 Kudos
FartingGoose
Level 7

Hey did you ever get a solution? I have this problem. 

0 Kudos
malrats
Level 9

No solution, unfortunately. The issue seems to be with Dolby Vision, as far as I can tell, and you can’t disable that (or HDR at all). 

They really need to fix this.

Audio issues galore.
0 Kudos