Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Audio at Beginning of youTube video sped up

Have any of you contacted YouTube directly???

it sounds like a buffering issue to me.

Try using a MicroSd memory if you can.

And it is advisable to refrain from snorting anything to see what happens.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos

I suspect it's due to the network speed, you should check it out. I went to watch the music video of tonuri de apel iphone still normal.

fugitivealien
Reel Rookie

Happens on all of my Roku devices and TVs. It's been this way for months now. 

0 Kudos
GarneRic
Reel Rookie

Roku simply does NOT care. Period.  They want to sell new products & give clueless cookie cutter answers that obviously come from a very untrained call centre.  Roku only wants to sell units, supporting them costs selling them makes money & that is all they want.  No longer recommending them in my job.

0 Kudos
CeeStyleDj
Reel Rookie

Issue is issue is still happening Dec 30th, 2020 - Almost Dec 31st. Hello Roku Support?

0 Kudos
emmadaiou28
Reel Rookie

@boogernose   I have, in fact, reported the issue to Youtube directly. They clearly don't care. They have updated the Roku app with at least one major update AFTER I reported the problem to them, to add the ability to play midroll ads during videos, but this problem persists (and is in fact WORSE because ad interruptions create more "beginning" points of videos, so now the glitch occurs even more often). And it occurs on the ads themselves as well, so you'd think Youtube would care a little about that aspect at least.

If this was a buffering issue, it would happen with other apps besides Youtube and probably would not be limited to only affecting the first few seconds when a video starts playing (or resumes following an ad). 

Also, very often when the beginning glitches out, you can't even rewind the video to play those first few seconds over. I can rewind it as far as it will go and it won't go all the way to 0:00, it will show 0:03 instead and still do the sped-up audio glitch. Does that seriously sound like a buffering issue to you?

Advisable to refrain from being a douchenozzle over an obvious bug in the Youtube app that tons of people have been witnessing for months.

0 Kudos
GarneRic
Reel Rookie

As I have said before & all sarcasm aside the simply don't care.  It doesn't generate money for YouTube or Roku to fix it, only costs money.  No new revenue being generated means no money to fix the issue.  They have no motivation to fix it (either company).  If all of us with the problem were paying large amounts of recurring revenue for them they would.  Simply we collectively could all become apple & Netflix drones and it wouldn't impact their bottom lines enough to bother with keeping us.

0 Kudos
zstangl
Reel Rookie

That's it! I ordered a Chromecast. This problem has been going on for 6 months. It's entirely unacceptable. 

I've been thrilled with my Roku with the exception of this issue. I listen to youtube daily so this stutter has been beyond frustrating. I'm unimpressed with Roku's response to the problem. 

I'm out. I recommend you do the same. 

0 Kudos
GarneRic
Reel Rookie

Got mine Chromecast at Home Depot today.  Came with remote and I can choose more sound options.  Sad really, been using Roku since 2014-2015 winter.  Loosing a customer that's been around more than five years has no impact, but I'm sure they will hook more people into purchasing an unsupported product to replace me.

0 Kudos
captainacehole
Reel Rookie

Oh my God! It's finally fixed! Still astounded how long it took.

V 1.0 Build 93000123