Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trevorjc

Audio at Beginning of youTube video sped up

Starting this morning anytime I play a video on YouTube the first few seconds of audio are sped up like its trying to catch up to the video or something. This is only happening on YouTube. I’ve tried power cycling, uninstall-restart-reinstall, and the problem persists. Anyone else encountered this or have any idea how to fix it?

46 REPLIES 46
BasharOfTheAges
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio at Beginning of youTube video sped up

Been seeing this on both my roku-enabled TV and my stand-alone boxes for a week now. It's really annoying for shorter videos.

Spiralstar
Reel Rookie

I have a stick, been having this issue with brief rapid audio for the last week or two (late June). Nothing has worked for me either.

HOWEVER - I've also experienced just as many brief loops in the video, where a couple seconds of video will loop once then continue on. At first I thought they were editing errors but it's been just as consistent as the other issue.

Is this something you have noticed?

Yes!  I am a songwriter and was test listening to my new song before releasing it and was convinced that the audio file that my distributor sent to YouTube was corrupt... UNTIL I listened on my phone, my Fire TV, and every other device I could find.  Only my Roku TV has the sped up audio issue. 

Dalto88
Reel Rookie

Im haveing the same issue on a roku tv. System is up to date. Tried uninstalling, turning off/unplugging and reinstalling youtube and it still does it in tge beginning of every video. Ruku has been great im hoping for a fix soon

Same issue on my TCL TV YouTube App (ROKU OS). Pretty annoying

emmadaiou28
Reel Rookie

Happens to me on nearly every youtube video. If there's a pre-roll ad, it often happens in the ad instead of the video itself. This is happening on both current gen Roku sticks and the previous gen Roku stick that I have on another TV.

Pretty clear to me that this is a problem with Youtube, not with the Rokus themselves, which gives me zero confidence it'll get fixed anytime soon since Youtube clearly does not care.

VeeTeeF
Reel Rookie

Same issue on my 2019 Hisense Roku TV. It also happens if I skip to a different point in the video, although it doesn't happen if I pause and play again. Might have to switch back to the Firestick for the time being as I use YouTube a lot. 

eskim0f0

Yes! I have 3 TCL Roku TVs and they all play the sound fast at the beginning of every YouTube video! Super annoying. I have three Fire Sticks 4k and the YouTube app does not do this. Only on the Roku YouTube App. I have changed all the sound settings and am using a soundbar and AV Receiver. Can't find a fix. I am updated to latest OS version. 

0 Kudos
GarneRic
Reel Rookie

Ditto for me on the stick, the hitachi tv, the tcl tv, & the set top box.  Specific to roku / YouTube app.

Have done all the normal tech support restart type **bleep** & nothing changes.  Happened build 91000130.

Any update on a resolution? I would be happy to run some beta software & try to help fix it.

0 Kudos