Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Audio and Video out of sync after upgrading to OS 9.3

After updating to OS 9.3, application's audio and video DRM stream have become out of sync.

When I run the app on devices which work under the OS 9.3 (Roku Premiere+ 4630X, Roku Streaming Stick 3800x and Roku Ultra 4660x), I am able to reproduce the out of sync. After 4~5 minutes out of sync is visible, and the audio stream goes ahead of video stream.
On the other side, when I run the app on devices which work under OS 9.2 (Roku Streaming Stick 3810X and Roku Ultra 4670X) everything works fine, audio and video stream are synchronized.

The app uses DRM protected stream, widevine - dash format.

I've tried to change "auto-adjust-refresh-rate" settings (recommended for similar out of sync issues), but without success - the issue is reproducible regardless if auto-adjustment is enabled or disabled.
Also changing monitors, hdmi cables didn't help.
On the other side the issue is not reproducible for the Netflix app, so I would say that it's not device related.

I've also analyzed stream via Roku stream tester tool against Roku Ultra 4660X (OS 9.3) and Roku Streaming Stick 3810X (OS 9.2) and compared results (I've used the same internet connection).
Beside the fact that streams are synchronized on the Stick model, only difference I noticed is a stream bit rate  - while for the Ultra model it's constant (128 kbps), on the Stick model it varies between 400 kbps (when the stream start) and 4800 kbps (almost all the time) - due to that the Ultra pulls stream for 720p resolution and the Stick pulls 1080 stream

Could it be that the issue is related to the DRM changes which comes with OS 9.3?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Audio and Video out of sync after upgrading to OS 9.3

I have seen audio sync issue with soundbar on 9.3 while 9.2 was fine. 9.3 50ms delay.

0 Kudos