Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Audio/Video intermittently cuts out when connected to soundbar

I have a newer Proscan TV and a shiny new Roku Ultra after recently upgrading from an older Roku 2.  The two products work together just fine when hooked up without any additional bells and whistles.  However, the Proscan's audio sounds like two people shouting into tin cans--it is TRULY AWFUL--so I would like to hook it up to the Samsung sound bar I acquired at the same time as the TV.  I have followed the directions for setting it up (HDMI from Roku to HDMI IN on soundbar, soundbar HDMI OUT to the HDMI IN on the TV) and I believe I have all of the settings configured correctly.  However, the audio and video periodically disconnect while streaming (sometimes causing the TV to display a "no input" message) and then reconnect.  It makes the Roku pretty thoroughly unwatchable.  We are semi-rural and do not get any other TV services, so the Roku is literally all we've got and we rely on it for our entertainment, so this is disappointing!

I checked with the former owner of the TV and they apparently had the same issue with a different Roku model and a different soundbar.  They assumed they'd just done something wrong in setting it up.

I have done everything I can think of to try and resolve this issue (the Roku software is up to date, I've tried manually setting the Roku display instead of auto-detecting, I disabled the screensaver, I reset the TV to factory settings, I've unplugged and replugged everything, switched HDMI cord ends, made sure both Audio settings on the Roku are set to auto, switched TV audio to PCM, etc.) and I am desperate to get this setup to work.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio/Video intermittently cuts out when connected to soundbar

Has no one been able to solve this issue?  I experience the same thing and it is highly frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue with no solution in sight.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same setup and problem that you describe. The video would cut out about every 3 minutes, but the audio would stay on. I believe I found out what the problem was. I went to the ROKU settings and updated the "display type". It was set to "auto-detect", which for whatever reason caused the video to intermittently cut out. 

I took it off "auto-detect" and instead just set the resolution (1080p), and now I have not had any problems.

I hope this has a chance to help you too......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry, I just saw your original post that this did not work for you. It seems to be working for me so far......

0 Kudos