Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TEAMSWITCHER
Level 7

Audio Sync Issues with Roku Streaming Stick+

I am experiencing audio sync issues with my new Roku Streaming Stick+.  The problem seems to start being noticeable after a couple hours of use and the only solution I have found is to go into settings and restart the device.  It's extremely annoying!  It does not appear to be specific to any single application.  For Example... It will start happening in the YouTube TV app, and then I can exit to the Home Screen and Launch the Roku TV app and the audio sync problems persists.

If I cannot find a solution by Friday .. I'm going to return it to Best Buy as defective, and switch to the Apple TV.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TEAMSWITCHER
Level 7

Re: Audio Sync Issues with Roku Streaming Stick+

Nothing?  Really?  This is happening to me every single time I use this device!  This can't be an isolated incident!
I'll give this two more days ... but on Friday ... it's going back to Best Buy as DEFECTIVE!!

And I will never trust a review from CNET or WIRECUTTER again... This thing isn't worth even the $55 that I paid for it.
I will try the Apple TV 4K next.  I will never ... ever ... buy another Roku product again.  IT DOESN'T WORK!!!
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Re: Audio Sync Issues with Roku Streaming Stick+

Huh. I have no problems with Roku devices. Must be my superpower.

Keep in mind that it could be simply a defective device, as in that particular one. So, exchanging it might be in order.

If you are soured on Roku, though, Fire TV Stick is a good device, as is Apple TV, MiBox, Nvidia Shield, and other streaming boxes.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos