Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darylkulak
Level 8

Audio Problem with Certain Channels Using Auvio Sound Bar

Jump to solution

I have had my Roku Ultra for more than a year.  It is working great with a Samsung TV and Auvio sound bar.  However, only certain channels can communicate with the Auvio sound bar.

Works with sound bar:      Netflix, Hulu, YouTube

Doesn't work:                     HBO MAX, Roku Channel

When I try to play a selection from the second group of channels, the sound bar gives a loud static sound and then occasional static after that.  Otherwise, silence.  The movie plays on video, but no sound.

I had this problem previously with a new Blu-Ray player I just bought a few months ago.  I was able to resolve it by changing the encoding type setting on the Blu-Ray.  I changed the Dolby Audio setting from Bitstream to PCM and the DTS/DTS-HD setting from PCM to Bitstream. Sound started working great through the sound bar.

Any ideas?  This seems so strange that different channels would use different encoding schemes.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darylkulak
Level 8

Re: Audio Problem with Certain Channels Using Auvio Sound Bar

Jump to solution

Dang!  I guess this community isn't very active.  Well, I figured it out for myself.  For people searching for this particular solution, I will post what I did.

As I stated, the HBOMAX channel was giving me static through my Auvio sound bar whenever I choose a movie or TV show there.  All other channels seemed to work fine for audio.

However, when I went into the Roku player with these menus:   Settings / Audio / HDMI and set it to PCM-Stereo.  This caused the HBOMAX channel to begin working for audio again.

That was it!  I hope this helps someone.  It was very frustrating for me, that's for sure.

P.S.  Don't bother trying to DM Roku Support on Twitter.  I think it is just a bot - zero help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
darylkulak
Level 8

Jump to solution

Dang!  I guess this community isn't very active.  Well, I figured it out for myself.  For people searching for this particular solution, I will post what I did.

As I stated, the HBOMAX channel was giving me static through my Auvio sound bar whenever I choose a movie or TV show there.  All other channels seemed to work fine for audio.

However, when I went into the Roku player with these menus:   Settings / Audio / HDMI and set it to PCM-Stereo.  This caused the HBOMAX channel to begin working for audio again.

That was it!  I hope this helps someone.  It was very frustrating for me, that's for sure.

P.S.  Don't bother trying to DM Roku Support on Twitter.  I think it is just a bot - zero help.

View solution in original post

JeremyRay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you!  No one thanks to Roku. It would be nice of they'd use some of their money for customer support. I'm watching HBO this second when I seen your post. I hope this works for my family too!  Great work my friend!