Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio Popping not fixed...

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on ultra!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello

Seems like the last post on this particular topic was a while back... has there been any formal fix on it ? I have the Ultra with OS v9.2.0.4860 and the crackling or popping audio persists every once in a while... my only means to resolve is restarting my roku device... the sound output affects any app , not isolated to a particular one,  sometimes I'm viewing content, everything seems alright then suddenly audio starts it thing.. popping or crackling real bad.. that until i restart it.. any advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku model 4630X serial 7ka684863909. No external audio (except for testing). Crackling occurs both through on board TV speakers (Sony LCD about 5 years old) and remote speakers, with cords removed and installed. New HDMI cable had no effect.

Crackling/popping started on YouTube (SNL Eddie Murphy episode!). Crackles and pops we're always in the same place.

Other apps were fine. Then started to crackle randomly on Hulu. Netflix and Amazon soon after (crackling not in same place in playback).

Nothing worked: tried new HDMI cords, remote speakers, always crackled.

Yesterday, I read about volume leveling. It was on, I turned it off during playback, and now all apps work great, no popping.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra here too. Thank you for mentioning volume leveling. That fixed it for me, too. It was driving me crazy.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I found a fix and posted in another thread https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Static-noise-crack-popping/td-p/4267.... It worked for others as well.

Go to settings -> audio -> audio mode and change from "auto" to "stereo".

Roku has a software bug with the automatic audio mode detection. It's surprising they haven't identified or fixed this bug after years.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@TA11dude I tried changing the setting you described around the time I was first notified of your post (March 5) and until tonight I thought it was the fix. The crackling/popping returned and once again all I could do to get rid of it (other than rebooting my Ultra) was cycle through the volume leveling modes.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That worked for me as well.  Thks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Volume leveling works. Also you can try changing the audio mode to speech if you are watching movie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. Setting audio to stereo fixes it for me. I had not used the Amazon prime app in a while.  I didn’t have issues with plex app. Go to watch a show on amazon and it was popping like crazy. I’m glad I found your solution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Trying turning audio guide on.. 

0 Kudos