Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Try this--->

"During playback of content, if you hit the * key on your remote, do you have 'Audio leveling' enabled on your device? If so, and you disable this setting" 

You may have to cycle power to Roku by pulling power plug after you disable Audio Leveling.

This has fixed my problem watching Spectrum TV for the last week anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tried this-no help! I can hit rewind for 1 second and then play button to correct sync problem. But after next commercial, it goes out of sync again quite often. ROKU needs to fix their software-it never used to do this 6 months ago!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have tried all of the suggested solutions, and the problem still exists. ROKU can you step up and fix this software problem-please.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

By turning the audio to Stereo (to help with sync) are the surround capabilities then disabled ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

No help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I do not have surround sound.

it is a Roku software problem with the audio sync problem. I have just a normal TV and it never happened a few months ago.  It happens on all of my TVs which are all different brands.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If the issue isn’t being addressed by teks, I think a return is in store. Do any service reps monitor these boards ? 

Who can I reach out to in regards to updates on the software ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Every time the video & audio get badly out of sync, I go to */settings/audio and change each option (I have 4) to something else...anything...exit that screen, and then go back and put everything back to what it was before. It seems to reset it and works for awhile...until it eventually goes out of sync again Smiley Sad But it's a quick fix for when it's driving you crazy. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I hit upon the ultimate solution. I ordered an Amazon Firestick. You can find them new for under $20 if you look enough.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner:

I have the following:

Roku Model 3700X - Roku Express

Serial #: YU002K825717

Software: 9.2.0 * Build 4804-28

Vizio TV VO47L FHDTV20A

Roku plugged into HDMI 1 input

Roku connects WiFi @ 2.4GHz to ASUS Dual Band Router (3 feet away).

From the beginning I had issues with SlingTV playback of CNN and addressed that with SlingTV. Now they have Sling do a Sync-up at the top of the hour (used to be at the top of the hour, there would be commercials, then when coming out of the commercials, the Audio/Video would be out of Sync, like real bad. But the Sync-up at the top of the hour seems to have fixed that.

In the past week I purchased an AirTV 2 (also owned by DISH, as is SlingTV) that adds OTA channels and OTA/DVR to Sling TV. Prior to this I had a Tablo 2. The AirTV 2 seems much nicer. 

The issue I've encountered is this. When I play back a recording off the OTA/DVR and there was a signal dropout that made some pixels or caused the Roku to buffer, the Audio/Video gets out of sync, the more the drop, the worse the lag. At first I thought this was a Sling/AirTV problem, but.... When I playback the same exact show to my Android device (Phone or Android emulator on my PC) I see the pixels at the same exact spot, but the audio/video never gets out of sync! I can sync the audio back up to the video by simply backing the recording up 5 seconds and resume. 

Since the playback is fine otherwise, this is a problem in the player software in the Roku Express.

I have tried the suggested methods:

1. Uninstalled SlingTV, removed power to the Roku for over 1 min. Reinstalled SlingTV. that didn't help.

2. Changed the audio settings on the Roku from Auto Stereo to Stereo, from HDMI (Auto detect) to PCM-Stereo. No change.

3. Turned the menu volume off.

none of that did anything.

Please advise.

Larry

0 Kudos