Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution
Roku Channel. Program is Route 66 episode 2 and 3 only so far. Episode 1 is fine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a similar problem with audio lagging several seconds behind video.

Player: model 3700X Roku Express. Software 9.20 build 4131-28

email bcmoore@optonline.net

The problem occurs only on Amazon Prime. I had not watched Amazon for a year, but started watching when new season of Man in the High Castle dropped. You had a firmware update just before I started watching again. Last year I did not have this problem. The problem does not occur in Hulu or Netflix, or on any other HDMI sources. The player goes thru an audio extractor before going to the TV. The extracted analog audio goes to a vintage Dolby Pro Logic AV receiver. The TV audio is muted and not used. I would like the option of rolling back my firmware as nothing I have tried in the settings works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Don't know what firmware is, but my problem always starts with Amazon prime as well- but then it migrates to All the other Audio in HDMI as well, etc. So I don't understand.
It's just annoying adjusting the volume for each app. But Thankfully in my case with the Roku TV, turning off Volume has worked. Currently bringing Jack Ryan season 1.
I'm sure Amazon won't want to deal with this...Roku doesn't anymore- were initially helpful- then told me to call the TV manufacturer.
Good luck!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi. By turning off volume did you mean the menu volume?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Hi BC Moore
I believe I went into the Roku TV Audio Settings area and it gives you options for types of Volumes you want- like Movie, Stereo, etc. And oddly one cooses Off a as the option.
It doesn't Mute anything- though perhaps my quality suffers- if so it's not noticable to "me"- but might be if you have an expensive system.
Anyways, after I did that- the lagging never returned.
I'm nervous to turn it back On cuz it's a major pia to have to have to unplug everything and start everything from the beginning! But that works too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Sorry for typo- Choose OFF as your option.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Express, which does not have those audio options. It just has Stereo, dolby, DTS, etc. No "off". The only audio menu with an "off" option is the menu volume, where it sets the volume of the clicks and chimes when you make a selection. But that has nothing to do with playing content.

What model Roku do you have? I might consider that one if you have found a solution for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Well, unfortunately, I have Roku built into the TV- so it's a Roku TV which has a bunch of options built in like Netflix, Huku, etc. But you still have to pay for those services ~
Roku subscrption is Free however!
Up to you if you need a new TV or not?
All the best
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
The volume under Settings/Audio/Menu volume
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I previously posted about having this problem with an older Roku Express connected through HDMI to a 5 year old Elements TV. Until the past month performance was flawless but now I have this out of sync audio issue. When I first select an app from ROKU the audio is in sync and then slowly it gets increasingly out of sync the longer I am connected. If I exit the app and then go straight back in the sound is sync'd again but over time the problem repeats. I have FIOS so no network lags and other HDMI inputs to the TV have no issues. I do not have a sound bar or any additional sound devices connected to the TV so its hard to imagine the problem could be caused by anything other than the Roku.  This seems to be a problem that only started recently and there are reports this impacts many different channels so instead of ignoring this issue I am hoping Roku will provide a solution.

0 Kudos