Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

It has been a few weeks since I tried this fix (setting volume to off)

However it seems to have resolved the sync issue with OTA channels. Don't know about streaming yet, but will report back.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner,

I have a roku 4 and I don't see to have the ability to turn audio mode to off. I only can choose stereo or auto for Dolby digital, etc. I am mostly experiencing lag with Amazon prime. 

any other recommendations to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Loren

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I too have this same problem.

I have an older ROKU Express connected via HDMI which has worked flawlessly for the last couple of years. I was so impressed I also purchased 2 ROKU equipped TVs. For the past few weeks I have started to encounter the sound out of sync issue on my ROKU Express usually while watching TV via one of several different apps. I see an earlier comment that suggests the out of sync may occur after the app shows an interval for a missing advert and this could be what’s happening to me. All my channels start off in sync and can be corrected by exiting the app and then going back in. From the dates of the other posts this seems to be an issue that started recently and I see my ROKU received an update just a few weeks ago and wonder if this is related. So far I have only had this problem with my ROKU Express and I have not noticed this condition on either of my ROKU TV’s. I have tried all of the suggested remedies from this post but so far I have not found a permanent solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution
Hi
I only have the Roku TV that had this issue- noted initially with Amazon prime but then spread.
I'm afraid beyond shutting Off the Volume under Audio settings that is what finally worked for me.
Previously I too was unplugging and restarting which is ridiculous.
Best of luck !
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
I tried all these suggestions and none of them worked...so frustrating! Finally, I tried (and sorry if this is way down in the thread and I missed it) Settings/Audio/Speakers and turned them to Off (I have a sound bar connected). Hope I'm not like others and back later saying it came back. This issue needs to be addressed universally somewhere, at least on new TVs, because obviously it's a common problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
AND (I forgot) Menu Volume to Off. That might actually be what did the trick. I still have S/PDIF and ARC on Auto Detect because it says Stereo is automatically selected if unable to detect supported formats.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi Tanner - I'm also experiencing the audio out of sync from video issue. I wanted to try to turn the volume off in settings option, but I only have 'Stereo' and 'Auto (Stereo)' under 'Audio Mode', no off option. I have the 3700X model. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a premiere +

changing the settings  didn't work for me. however what did work as a temp fix until roku fixes this issue  is to plug a headset into the remote's 3.5mm plug and then unplug it. Audio then is in sync with the video.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
As an update to this post, I have found that over time, the out-of-sync returns, especially if I've been using my DVR. Changing the settings and swiching them back always seems to work temporarily, but it's getting to be a pain! 🤨
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution
That worked for me! Thank you for posting your update.
0 Kudos