Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CanMan141
Level 9

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

@microtyger wrote:
FIXED! After hrs of trying everything under the sun. Go to Roku Settings, then to Audio. Put it on Stereo and also on PCM.

But going to Stereo/PCM will mean you loose multi-channel audio.

0 Kudos
microtyger
Level 8

Jump to solution
Well, the lag started happening again. I tried different things and did some research.
It turns out that it's usually not a ROKU issue. It's also rarely the TV itself. The problem is usually in the settings on the TV.
Use the remote that came with the TV. Go to settings on the actual television, not ROKU. Adjust the "sound out" setting (not to be confused with the "sound mode"). Now make sure that setting is the same as whatever speakers you have, such as "internal TV speaker," "optical," etc. You may want to set it to something other than the correct one, then back to the one that is correct.
This should do it. If all else fails, don't be afraid to contact your television manufacturer, mine is LG for example. Go to customer service. They should be very helpful. Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
microtyger
Level 8

Jump to solution
I'm glad you found a solution! I just posted another solution in case it starts in again. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I know this is three weeks old but I have encountered this issue on a second roku device I have recently purchased. Nothing mentioned above fixes the issue permantley. It is the same on all of my 4 TV's which are all different.

Customer support is not reachable just a FAQ loop. My express does not have the issue only the Premier.

Does anyone know if is there any recent news/developments on this issue?

Otherwise I will to return to Shop for refund. Currently,  it is not fit for purpose.

Nm303
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

Had webchat with Roku. They fixed my sync issue.

Play any content. Press the * key on your remote. In lefthand menu, look for audio settings and switch Volume mode to off. Voila.

View solution in original post

nowtvman
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Nm303 wrote:

Had webchat with Roku. They fixed my sync issue.

Play any content. Press the * key on your remote. In lefthand menu, look for audio settings and switch Volume mode to off. Voila.

Worked on mine too.

Bubba2
Level 7

Jump to solution

My ROKU Express does not have that option. All the other 'solutions' are only temporary. This issue is enough to make me get another brand, the lack of true support is awful and I am surprised because I expected better. It did not used to do this, but the out of sync has become unbearable.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Bubba2 Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue. Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Ed711
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks for your solution! You’ve saved the day/week/month/year 🙄😂👍🏼
Deacondog
Level 8

Jump to solution

Turning OFF the Volume worked for me as well at least so far- no probs and not noticing any poor quality in the sound. Fingers crossed this was the Solution!! Thanks Roku Community!

0 Kudos