Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turtlejay
Level 9

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution
If either of you notice your problem is fixed after a system reboot, but slowly comes back after awhile, please post a reply here. I'm having similar sync issues on my Ultras and a reboot fixes it temporarily.

Jay
0 Kudos
nicknack
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution
"Helloo" wrote:
Update - a short while after posting this I went into the Roku menu to set the auto detect back on (under HDMI in AUDIO in SETTINGS) , because I had taken it off auto-detect while trying to fix the issue, and now the issue has resolved - unless it was a coincidence and something happened elsewhere at the same time -- that has FIXED THE ISSUE.

There is no logic to this fix because we only took it off auto-detect today while trying to fix it. But perhaps taking it off auto and putting it back on is the fix.

So what seems to have worked is going to SETTINGS and then AUDIO and then HDMI and then taking it off AUTO DETECT and then going out of the menu  (and maybe turning off the whole thing at the mains and back on again) and then going back in and putting it back onto AUTO DETECT again.

Hi did this fix problem permanently?
Photog
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU Premiere Serial # YT0089234728 that has the same problem with audio sync. 

This happens when the program goes to a commercial break that has no content just promo stills photos  with music. MSNBC seems to be the worst but it does happen on other programs.

microtyger
Level 8

Jump to solution
I'm having the same problem. I tried to contact TannerD. It's really distracting to try to watch TV when the audio/video are out of synch. I've been working on this for a few hrs now. Any help??
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm also having this problem and it's pretty much across the board.  It got worse for me this morning though because now the sound is all glitchy and it doesn't seem to matter what App I use.  I even turned it off and back on again and it is still having glitchy sound.  I also have a TCL 55" RokuTV

0 Kudos
microtyger
Level 8

Jump to solution
Haahaaaa... Go to Settings on your Roku and to audio. Be sure it's on stereo and PCM!
That FINALLY fixed mine!
0 Kudos
microtyger
Level 8

Jump to solution
FIXED! After hrs of trying everything under the sun. Go to Roku Settings, then to Audio. Put it on Stereo and also on PCM.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Photog A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 

- Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) 

- During playback of any content, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any 'Volume mode' enabled here? If so, try turning this off. Does this resolve the issue? 

- Are you using an audio/video receiver of any sort in your home setup? Is your device connected directly to the receiver, or to your TV? 

- Have you tried changing the option in Settings>Audio>Audio mode as @microtyger suggested? Does this clear the issue up for you? 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there, if needed. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Photog
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks! Will give this a try.
0 Kudos
MattC
Level 7

Jump to solution
I've recently been having this issue with my Roku express, changing volume mode to 'off' seems to have done the trick for now!

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos