Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Hi

Many thanks for your thorough answer.

As for Answer #4a: yes, I was using the composite cable from Roku to receiver audio L and R, and that resulted in bad lip synch.  But now I'm not using the composite at all because:

Answer#4b: I tried your suggestion to output TV audio to my receiver and the bad lip sync disappeared.  You're right: the fact that lip sync was correct when using the TV's HDMI audio was an important clue.  So this problem is fixed.

The cnet.com link was helpful, too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Alfred36,

Good News!

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This seems to have worked for me as well.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

This happens a lot on my tcl tv again bj will not take it back if activated I’m going to buy another and put this Chinese spy tv Back in

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

This Audio out of sync happens a lot on my tcl tv again bj will not take it back if activated I’m going to buy another and put this Chinese spy tv Back in

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

As a data point, the first marked solution worked for me.  The Audio Type was set to DD (Dolby Digital?) and the HDMI Audio was set to auto.  Audio was badly out of sync in Apple TV.

I changed both to "Stereo" (PCM), and audio sync is now perfect.

( Roku Premiere (3920 series) )

0 Kudos