Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I tried this and it still doesn't work. Believe it or not the commercials work ok but when we get back to what were watching it's all off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have done this a thousand times because every time I do it, it works...for awhile.  Then it gradually becomes out of sync again, and when no one can stand it anymore, I "refresh" the changes (change it to something else and then change it back) and it's better...for awhile.  How does Roku not have some explanation as to why this keeps happening and some permanent fix solution for it?  I love Roku for everything else, but this. is. annoying.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hmmm, I replaced my Roku express with firestick. Same TV, no change on that frame rate. And the problem vis gone, no sync issue now. 

It's hardware (firestick vs Roku express) or the app for Sling on those 2 devices.

Sling app on my PC and Android, no sync problem using sling app.

I can cast from my PC and phone to same TV through Google cast, no sync issue. 

Only the Roku express using sling app keeps having this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Buy a Firestick. It fixed my sync problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

Thanks for the solution.  It worked for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is doing it on all channels. Very Frustrating. Not sure what the issue is but the audio lag is making me think about getting another type of device. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

I searched all over the Internet and all over these message boards and tried everything. The only thing that worked was to do a factory reset on my plasma TV. 
I have an old Samsung plasma TV and using an old Bose lifestyle 3500 as a receiver. I plugged in the Roku express stick plus into the HDMI port of the plasma TV and ran an optical cable from the optical out port on the TV to the Bose receiver.

I have the exact same express stick plugged into my Yamaha TSR 6750 receiver which runs to my old LED 6500 series Samsung TV in another location. 

both locations originally worked fine when I installed the express sticks sometime after Christmas. Both locations had problems with the audio video sync. 
now that I have done the update, I believe that one of Roku‘s updates messed up the A/V sync. 

I hope the next roku daily update does not mess with my solution. I finally get to enjoy YouTube and Netflix again at least at my plasma TV location. I am going to do the factory reset on the other express stick later.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

I have Roku Ultras and sticks.  Seems as though the only audio lag issues is from 1 of the ultras.  The best easiest way I found to fix problem is to pull the power cord from the Roku unit, then plug it back in.  Funny that 1 ultra has the problem and the other does not, even though both are used on LG OLED TVs.  The problem also does not happen as often as it has in the past.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

Just completed the factory reset on my Roku streaming stick + that is plugged into my Yamaha TSR 6750 receiver. 
The video is still ahead of the audio on Netflix, YouTube and I’m sure all the other apps. The only difference between this set up and my upstairs plasma TV set up is that upstairs I have an optical audio connection from my TV to the Bose receiver and the Roku is plugged directly into the TV.

I have ordered an optical cable which I will run from my TV to my receiver and then I will plug my Roku directly into the back of my TV. I am hoping that solves the issue on my downstairs set up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Didn’t work for me Bosch on Prime Video is still out of sync.

0 Kudos