Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kazza
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

Just glad to have been able to help everyone.  It drove me crazy after 10 minutes of it starting.  I'm new to this forum so was unsure how to reply. Happy viewing 😄

0 Kudos
rlorette
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Been having the audio sync issue since getting my Roku Premier+ but only in the Plex app.  Saw your message about removing the app and reinstalling after reboot and gave it a try.  Problem SOLVED!!  Thanks a million!!!!!

0 Kudos
Crayonpemcil
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

Removing the Netflix app and unplugging the TV worked for me. Thanks Tanner!

0 Kudos
Laserman
Level 9

Jump to solution

Been using the Firestick a month now.

No Audio/video lag issues!

Problem solved!

Luckily I got it for $25.

Now I need to replace the other 2 Roku's.

0 Kudos
rlorette
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was also considering replacing my Roku.  Since the audio sync issue was only occurring when using my Plex app (Plex is all I use the Roku for) I tried removing the app altogether then rebooted the Roku and reinstalled the Plex app.  That was about a week ago and so far Plex has been flawless!! 

0 Kudos
Laserman
Level 9

Jump to solution

I use Sling TV App and on the Firestick, The VLC Fire for Media on my media server. Sling App using the Sling programming off the Net and AirTV handles glitches in the stream with no problems.

On the Roku Express, I used the Sling TV App and the Roku Media player for video on my media server. the Sling App (not as robust in features as the Firestick version) has problems with audio/video sync if there is a glitch in the stream. Commercials or hiccups over the Net, or pixels in the video on Over the Air signal dropouts on the AirTV content. 

So, it's not the source, it's the Apps on the Roku or the Limitations of the Roku Express hardware.

0 Kudos
SteveHC1
Level 9

Jump to solution

As far as *I* can tell, the issues herein (plural) are considerably more complex than many people seem to realize, and pretty much ALL streaming devices that are capable of “auto-adjusting” the frame rate suffer similar if not identical issues! So regardless of whether you have a Roku, Fire device, etc. it all boils down to this:

For proper handling of frame rate changes and related a/v syncing, it all depends on your tv’s fps-changing capabilities and settings (some tv’s can handle the changes both accurately and very quickly while others are so slow and otherwise limited at it that hdmi error messages are generated), fps changes from one content source to another during a streaming session (e.g. switching between paid advertising “commercials,” device UI, and primary program), and even your tv’s hdmi version and the capabilities built into the streaming devices’ apps or “channels”!

There is in fact very little practical difference between device hardware brands in this regard, and I don’t see the situation changing much until greater standardization across hardware components and brand models, software, and content sources comes into existence. Chances of this happening soon? In my estimation - SLIM.

A FEW streaming SERVICES - not many, but a FEW - have thus managed to create a work-around for themselves that involves detecting a potential program content change-inducing fps change IN ADVANCE, and ALMOST IMMEDIATELY followed by an automatically created fps change, such that the problems created by the changes back and forth are at least somewhat less annoying than they otherwise would be, while some OTHER services have simply settled on seeing to it that the frame rate delivered to your device (and thus tv) remains CONSTANT (with any changes in fps needed to provide consistently high video quality and proper a/v syncing being performed BY THE SERVICE ITSELF IN ITS “BACK END”). - Notice how Disney+ always seems to look and sound so perfect regardless of whether or not you’re viewing a television show or theatrical film, for example?

So it all depends on one’s particular combination of things - MANY “moving parts”! And so for the time being, at least, most but not all will probably find that if one’s streaming device’s fps (or rather the device’s signaling of fps to the tv) can be manually set to either auto-adjust on or off that OFF will usually produce the least annoying outcome (in USA that’s normally a consistent 60 fps, which US television service in general has been built around).

0 Kudos
Kklts1108
Level 7

Jump to solution

This issue is hapoening on all 3 of our Rokus while trying to watch ESTV on the Roku channel, we have a Roku3 Roku Stick, and Roku Express all on different TVs and on different receivers(one not using any receiver). The sound is lagging behind the video by about 11-15 seconds and has done so for about 5 days.

0 Kudos
Leee
Level 9

Jump to solution

Invest in a firestick for $25 !! It solved my sync problem.

0 Kudos
JudeeK
Level 8

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

Agree with voice lagging and it's getting very annoying.  First couldn't get live for a few days and now this.     Get your act together Newsmax  or shut down....

0 Kudos