Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

This fixed my audio sync problem, thank you!

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

THANK YOU RobbieAllen!!!!! 
FINALLY after 2weeks I finally was able to go more than one day without unplugging everything... or resetting settings.... mostly under the audio.... what you said hit it for me!!! I realized it was like the picture got before the voice or vice versa!!! My last try still everyday was resetting my network connection.... turning audio off (leveling/night) which has worked for some? Didn’t do anything for me, and think may not Have anything to do with the lip sync issue???

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It worked!!,

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU Express 3700X from 2016. None of the posted solutions work for me (many are not even available for this model). Just to recap my earlier posts, my audio starts off in sync and then gradually goes out of sync often as others have observed after adverts. My ROKU worked perfectly for 3 years until later last year when this problem started. I can re-sync easily by exiting and immediately reentering the offending app but this is very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution that has worked for this specific model.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine was mostly noticeable with Pluto Tv. which is working very good now! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ya know, mine has been acting better now.... I actually “un” did the things that helped to see if still was doing it (cause I’m curious like that....)  and so far 2days.... very curious.....  wonder if they did a update?

PS.. mine seemed to be I thought vudo, but really anything with breaks or commercials... then it was on all apps after it started.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We found some oos issues with (probably because of) their latest update. NONE of the remedies regarding audio settings help. We have an Ultra. Did my research and until they fix it... try the following:

Cut OFF auto refresh rate settings in

...settings-> system--->advanced system settings--> advanced display settings-->auto-adjust display refresh rate--> set it at "disabled"

Back to normal.

Hope this helps anyone having this issue.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

The only fix for a 3700 is if Roku fixes their software. The 3700 and 3710 express models are low end with limited features. They make use of a buffer while streaming. When I play movies using the Roku media player, there are no adverts or glitches in the stream, ergo no problem. But using the sling TV app there are adverts, and some throw the sync off, not sure why. The AirTV 2 ota DVR (played through sling) sufers from glitches in the video (reception) and that throws the sync off. This also happened with tablo ota DVR. So look at it this way, there are 2 streams, one video and one audio, and a glitch in the video causes that stream to skip or lag. I'm no streaming expert, but isn't there a sync pulse or bit in the streams that can be monitored and when it gets out of sync, have the player pause and sync? Next month I'm going to aquire a firestick and try that. I've noticed there currently is no moderator in this conversation, why is that? Seems Roku has no answers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you so much... Yea that’s what I found out too via RobbieAllen’s post....

Mine is a Ultra as well... and just got it the end of December (2019)... cause Hulu had promotion of a 3month free trial.... (ended up buying the live subscription as I cut the cord to DTV)....  

I darn near returned it as my old XP was doing fine!!!
But for fun, I turned it back to “Roku normal mode”.... and it hasn’t done it agin for a couple of days.... noticed last update then8th??? Perhaps they finally fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Not for Roku express.

0 Kudos