Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcatkramer
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@Photog A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 

- Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) 

- During playback of any content, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any 'Volume mode' enabled here? If so, try turning this off. Does this resolve the issue? 

- Are you using an audio/video receiver of any sort in your home setup? Is your device connected directly to the receiver, or to your TV? 

- Have you tried changing the option in Settings>Audio>Audio mode as @microtyger suggested? Does this clear the issue up for you? 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there, if needed. 

Thanks,

Tanner

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@Photog A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 

- Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) 

- During playback of any content, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any 'Volume mode' enabled here? If so, try turning this off. Does this resolve the issue? 

- Are you using an audio/video receiver of any sort in your home setup? Is your device connected directly to the receiver, or to your TV? 

- Have you tried changing the option in Settings>Audio>Audio mode as @microtyger suggested? Does this clear the issue up for you? 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there, if needed. 

Thanks,

Tanner

We have a Roku express and when we use it to stream AT&T or watch recorded shows on AT&T the audio/visual doesn’t sync up. It doesn’t occur on all channels, but always occurs on TBS, Comedy Central, and A&E. It happened for the first time tonight on cbs. 
I plugged in the roku we have on another tv (roku stick) to this tv and turned on those channels and it didn’t lag. So I’m thinking it’s the new roku I bought. There is no audio leveling option.

0 Kudos
nv1
Level 9

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Yes, had no effect. The sync problem varies by program and app. Some are nearly in sync, some are way out of sync, and again, the problem started after a software update in Nov/Dec. 

0 Kudos
Telco
Level 8

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

Movie and voice out of sync. Today’s electronics need a good balanced electric supply. The outlet your plugged into has to be checked. If the wire 14/2 is connected to the outlet by pushing the wire into a hole on it’s backside, that will cause a bad lose connection resulting in the voltage and amperage to be out of sync.  That will put out of sync voltage into what is plugged into there. Every outlet between there and the circuit panel has to be checked. It fixed the out of sync I had. 

0 Kudos
bcmoore
Level 8

Jump to solution

Obviously you have no backgroud in electronics. You are talking about power factor, where the AC voltage and current from your power company are out of sync. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with audio and video being out of sync, since the power supply inside the ROKU will convert the AC to DC, where the concept of phase is meaningless. Were you on drugs when you posted this?

0 Kudos
Telco
Level 8

Jump to solution

Should have made it simple for simple minds. I trouble shot things like this in my career. Had to leave meters at company when I retired. In Situations like this, look everything over. Power strip plugged into outlet with TV, cable box and etc plugged into it. After checking them out, do more. 
check electrical connections. Make sure all connections are tight. 
doing that corrected the voice sync I had. 

meliss325
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

THANK YOU! Disabling audio leveling fixed it. 

davidlightman
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just thought I'd add my name to the very long list of people with audio sync issues with Amazon Prime Video - and nothing else. I've tried every solution suggested yet within a few seconds of starting to watch a film on Prime the audio starts going out of sync. I've not experienced this even once on any other channel. It's very frustrating and puts me off watching Prime.

0 Kudos
bcmoore
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had the exact same experience! I feel your pain, man but I don't expect Roku to do anything about it as they see Amazon and its Firesticks as a competitor. They are cheapskates who don't want to invest in fixing the problem. But, in their stupidity, they are actually driving customers like me into the arms of Jeff Bezos! I got a Firestick and no more lagging and buffering problems! And it gets Hulu, Netflix, etc.

0 Kudos
Telco
Level 8

Jump to solution

I didn’t have issues until my daughter gave me Apple TV. Then it was Zulu for the voice thing.  It was divide and conquer to see what was the cause. Plugged the tv power strip into extension cord going to the kitchen gfi. Voice ok now. Then took apart electric outlets, metal box. Put the wires on the screws and grounded outlet.  That worked for me. Will that work for someone else, don’t know. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
jmlw
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm also having sync issues on a Roku Premier. All apps seem to have audio sync issues. I primarily use Plex and YouTube and I've only noticed the issue getting worse over the last 1 to 3 months.

EDIT: After using the asterisk button on my remote and setting Volume Mode to "off" instead of "Leveling" it seems that my issue with syncing up audio is fixed.

0 Kudos