Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nv1
Level 9

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

Didn't work for me. The problem started with last software update. Apparently Roku has no intention of fixing this. 

0 Kudos
DJB62
Level 9

Jump to solution

I hope thats not correct as i would of thought customer support ro correct the issue woukd of been a top priority to keep their customers experience with the product happy.

0 Kudos
DenM59
Level 9

Jump to solution

After posting for over a year and getting no response or solution for the out of sync issue on my ROKU Express I finally purchased a Fire TV Stick. I still prefer the ROKU interface but the difference is minimal and so far the Fire TV Stick has no sync issues on the channels/apps having problems on my ROKU. Looks like Amazon is the winner.

0 Kudos
Tanya2020
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. None of the other solutions work. Use to never have this problem. I only have two Roku Express's. Very disappointed. Wish Roku would pay attention and fix this for everyone

Mimi6
Level 7

Jump to solution

None of these fixed the problem  on my Roku.  Any other suggestions?

microtyger
Level 9

Jump to solution

It seems none of these things ever last, even when they do work. Lately, I've just been unplugging everything, then plugging back in. 

0 Kudos
Dezdon
Level 8

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

The secret Roku Menu page maybe? I’ll post the access steps in just a sec.. but where I’m experiencing the audio lag is on Spectrums TV app. But what’s odd is it’s intermittent. There are channels that are more susceptible and others time, not. 
  My Amazon Prime TV did it for awhile, and then one day, it stopped. No reason no rhyme. 
  I have tried all the recommended steps, but the lag surely returns. 
  I’m posting the secret Roku Menu page in hopes someone can read the technical data or stumbles across an actual fix using the page. Good Luck to all!  
-Dez
  Enter all the steps on your Roku remote at a steady pace;

“HOMEx5(times)—FFWD—DOWN ARROW—REWIND--DOWN ARROW—FFWD

0 Kudos
Foxfamily
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue and have done as you suggested but it still lags. Very disappointing as I just bought my Roku tv and its annoying. 

C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@nv1 wrote:

Didn't work for me. The problem started with last software update. Apparently Roku has no intention of fixing this. 

Go to settings>system>system reset and that should resolve that issue. 

0 Kudos
nv1
Level 9

Jump to solution

Interesting that people are having the same audio sync problem on their newer fancy HDMI devices & ROKU TVs that I'm having on my basic Roku Express+ I'm using via composite output to an old TV. It started with the last software update a couple of months ago, I think. Everything on Amazon Prime is WAY out of sync, as well as some programs on the Roku Channel, but not all. On Criterion Channel and TCM it's hit or miss. Most are out of sync, but not all. On Hulu, it's slightly out of sync, consistently so. 

I have seen nothing from Roku "support" to indicate they care about this issue or have any interest in fixing it.