Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I'm getting same issue with one app on my Roku Stick + (Broadway HD). Lip sync is fine to start with but within a few minutes it starts to go out until its unwatchable. It only affects this app. I've tried everything - re-installing the app and other methods described above but nothing works . This only started happening after the latest Roku software update on my stick +. I've informed Broadway HD who are looking into it but since it started after latest Roku update I'm thinking it's a Roku issue . Really annoying as I pay a subscription to Broadway HD and in the UK using Roku is the only way to watch it on my Sony Bravia TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem with Broadway HD. The only thing that seems to work is backing it up 30 seconds every few minutes, and that is really inconvenient. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is the reply I've had from Broadway HD on messenger after reporting the issue :-

"yes, this problem is still an issue and is being worked on. We are having some trouble replicating and isolating the issue and are it talks with Roku." 

It does still work fine on the Amazon Firestick. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

UPDATE YOUR ROKU SOFTWARE IN THE SETTINGS. It looks like updates that are now available have fixed the problem - at least on my Roku Ultra model.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I saw the post above and updated my firmware hoping for a solution. I have an older Roku Express from 2017 and this update made no difference. As a test I left my Roku running overnight and by morning I was a full minute out of sync. As always if I restart the app I am back in sync for a while but get progressively out of sync the longer I stay connected. This is one of several posts I have made on this or related out of sync topics since I first noticed this issue in the fall of 2019 and I am still hoping Roku will fix this issue on all of their players. If not they should offer an upgrade to a model that does not constantly go out of sync.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

This worked for me! Thanks for sharing the fix. I was about to buy a new device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is my second post in a few days. I am happy this worked for you but for me its definitely worse since the latest software update. The audio goes out of sync within a couple of minutes and just gets worse as time goes by. I feel I have tried every suggestion on this discussion and nothing has worked. I have wasted enough time on this and Roku obviously don't care so maybe its time to try Fire TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I used this solution a few days ago and it is still working. 

Thanks again for sharing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the Roku 3700X Sync issues with Pluto TV, Spectrum App, & Some other TV apps. Netflix however is fine & Sling seems to be ok last time I used it. Is Roku going to fix this issue or time to trash & make bad reviews on this product on Social Media & YouTube.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am having this problem now. Please help!.I have two televisions with roku. Both are out of sync after a few minutes of programming. Very aggravating!

0 Kudos