Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Us2InVa
Level 8

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

Something really cool about "reading good" that benefits people before they attempt to correct others. "We have an Ultra" was at the forefront of what I wrote. Your abilities to utilize this method and or your route to fix it might be different, and as with different models of different electronics, this is logically appropriate, actually it's something to be expected.

0 Kudos
Laserman
Level 9

Jump to solution

Correct!

This discussion is titled Roku express audio sync issues.

Ketah
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry about that.... but I’m new to having to consult community to fix a issue.. and it was actually where I found my answer.  Sorry if I have offended.

0 Kudos
Laserman
Level 9

Jump to solution

No offense taken.

I find it hard to believe I have to consult a community for this issue, for 2 years now.

I've left info for the community manager in this topic and no response.

Apparently there is no fix, none forthcoming. It appears they are not working on it, not supporting a product they still sell. It seems the only fix is to buy something else.

0 Kudos
keithw777
Level 7

Jump to solution

Whenever I set Audio to "Off" it simply turns off the audio???

0 Kudos
5n0wfr33z3
Level 7

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

Or turn off volume leveling.  Worked for me.

0 Kudos
Linda1
Level 7

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I have tried all of those things and still have the lag.

0 Kudos
Rose2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried all the suggestions and still have a lag but it clears up for a while if I re-start the system.

Just out of curiosity I went to the Amazon Firestick website and read the reviews.  It would seem that

they have issues too.  Before anyone makes a change I suggest reading the reviews.

0 Kudos
Laserman
Level 9

Jump to solution

Got my Firestick a few days ago and I'm quite happy with it!

To start with, the CPU and Ram seem much better then the Roku Express. I tend to believe that this is the crux of the issue. The Firestick is far more responsive, menus change quickly as compared to the Roku. I like the Roku menu better, but it's slow compared to the Firestick. Had to Download VLC Media player from Amazon to play media from my media server on my router, but it works fine. Sling and VLC only 2 Apps I use for my TV system on the Firestick. There are many apps available like all smart TV's and more. You can even browse the Internet with it (like smart TV's do). I have watched a few Live programs and replays from Live and and no lag thus far!

So, my belief is that the processor is faster and no buffering required like my Android phone and PC. Problem resolved! The Roku is slower and buffers and video and audio streams can get out of sync if there is any glitch (OTA signal drop).

I have left comments and request for help with this issue for 2 years now, and there has been no response from anyone at Roku. This supports the theory that its a hardware problem that can't be fixed with software.

0 Kudos
sarge1882
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you SBSark !    That has been driving me nuts and thought the problem was with my satellite tv service.   It worked for me.   

0 Kudos