Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Audio Out of Sync - lagging

Jump to solution

This solution not for the sticks  

Go to SETTINGS >> ADVANCED DISPLAY SETTINGS  >>  Auto Adjust Display Rate  >>  DISABLED

None of the AUDIO adjustment solutions you see are permanent solutions. Audio adjustments might temporarily fix this issue. 

The root cause is the above video setting, where the auto display rate crashes audio sync. If you use Family Play, the video setting will cause Family play to unsync audio. 

Incredible that Roku engineers couldn’t get a root cause fix out via the auto update. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I don’t have this option on my Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

that Advanced setting for Auto-Adjust display rate does not exist on the Roku Express.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

Does not exist on Roku Streaming Stick,Roku Express+,or Roku Express.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It worked. Great . Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m going to give it a go.... seems right to me as I noticed Just Before commercial breaks.. all is fine, then after it’s all messed up.  I did find going out and either physically resetting my internet router or even through the Roku (sometimes) reco figuring WiFi.... it straightened up... like the picture or them audio gets ahead of the other.... hoping this works!!!! PLEASE... or it’s going back!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've had my roku express+ for a while..I never had any kind of problem until a couple of months ago...then I started having audio lag problems too. Tried all the suggestions, they're just a temporary fix.  I've suspected for a while this has something to do with an update because it started overnight!

LL 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Try The settings, advanced and the disable display ratio rate as described by RobbieAllen....

think this is link if ya can’t find? 
https://community.roku.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/220146

so far I’ve gone 1day without have i gators unplug, reset, stand on my head (haaa) etc.... 

Sorry.... mine is the Ultra, not the stick. Good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

The Commercial break problem is exactly what I had before with CNN on Sling. It always came back after I re-synced it by exit program and go back on the next top of hour or bottom hour commercial break. Seemed certain Commercials were more likely to cause the problem. The other way I re-sync is pause/leave playback and go back from my Tablo when I had sync issues with it. (Sling and Tablo both play through the Roku). 

As I understand the issue, the processing for streaming video is more complex then the processing for audio, so it the video has any hick up, the 2 get out of sync. Many newer TV's have setting for Sync delay, but that assumes the sync delay is a constant, but this kind of problem isn't constant.

In order for Roku to fix it, would be to automatically re-sync if there is any problem with the video. I see the red/Orange circle when there is a problem with the video, so the software needs to stop both video/audio streams and re-start both when that happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you.  Your solution worked perfectly😁👌

0 Kudos