Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I gave up. Get a Firestick or a Chromecast

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Actually I have a Chromecast, and yes, I could cast from my phone or BlueStacks 4 to it and not have this issue. But I have 3 TVs with Roku expresses and think Roku should fix their software!

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

The Sling App has no "*" options on playback.

So, I can't get to the "turn volume off".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

"During playback of content, if you hit the * key on your remote, do you have 'Audio leveling' enabled on your device? If so, and you disable this setting"  

The Sling app has no Audio settings or volume settings during playback?

If I hit the "*" 2 or 3 times, it toggles the Audio "Audio Guide" on or off.

So, this is of no help for Audio Sync issues playing Sling content on the Roku Express.

I need for Roku to fix their software! There are no audio sync issue when I playback on my Android devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a new Ultra

I’m having the same issue.... I’m just connected to my tv audio.... sometimes changing from audio detect to stereo worked sometimes not.... I’ve factory reset it once or twice but tired of resetting all my apps!!

ive unplugged, replugged.... I’m about ready to return.... my Roku Xp never did this.

imdecided to upgrade for no reason,.. about ready to plug old one back in and return.... 7 days new and reset it at least once a day.... fed up!!!!!

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku Expresses.

When I can afford it, I will replace them with Firesticks since Roku doesn't seem interested in fixing their software.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! Installed the Vizio 5.1 Soundbar with sub and two satellite speakers last week and then the "lip lag" started a few days later. Doing the above fixed the issue. Thank you for the quick and to-the-point solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

What above solved your issue? Mine just started exhibiting this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Nothing has fixed it.  It always comes back.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

For MY setup, at least, the problem definitely is within the Roku’s inability to handle automatic refresh rate changes properly, especially (but not exclusively) when program source involves changing servers. Possibly Roku hardware &/or OS software is simply unable to accomplish it quickly enough? Who knows. But this business of Roku “support” person here constantly asking everyone to report on the exact same and now seemingly uselessly repetitive variables is just plain nuts and a waste of us consumers’ time.

At any rate, I have found the only work-around that seems to work consistently - at least for me, on Roku STB units (the stand-alone units, not Roku TVs as I do not have such tv) - is to go into Settings -> System -> Advanced system settings and be sure that “Auto-adjust display refresh rate” is DISABLED.

Obviously this is no “fix” and merely a less-than-desirable work-around, and certainly for other folks any and ALL of the previously-posted work-arounds may be necessary in addition to this one of mine, but this one is the only one that works consistently with MY setup (Roku Ultra to Panasonic 1080 Plasma w/multiple refresh rate capability).

Up until recently I recommended Roku to EVERYONE. But until this SERIOUS issue gets TRULY fixed I sadly find myself having to recommend the relevant Amazon products.

0 Kudos