Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

I just wanted to mention here that I had a different audio problem of dropout for a couple of seconds every couple of minutes that was also solved by an AUTO DETECT setting. It was the Display Settings AUTO DETECT that was messing up the audio, believe it or not. 

It appears that the engineers at Roku need to spend a bit of time on stabilizing the code related to all AUTO DETECT settings. They're all a bit "wonky" (a technical term Smiley Wink )

The Meebster

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and was having this problem with Xfinity app, Netflix, etc. Tried many things and then saw the fix to press "*" while watching any content; go to audio settings and switch Volume Mode to "Off". I did this and YES! It worked! Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra playing with a LG OLED TV watching Spectrum TV channel.  I always have the audio sync issue and have tried all the audio fix suggestions.  Nothing seems to fix this.  Seems like it is time for Ruku to look at this problem and  do a software update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It sure is a sad state of technology, we are in the 21st century and have audio sync problems.  I remember 50 years ago that we NEVER saw any problems like this.  Progress?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

FIXED!

After reading another thread, I selected Audio Off from the following statement from Roku.

"During playback of content, if you hit the * key on your remote, do you have 'Audio leveling' enabled on your device? If so, and you disable this setting"  

This fixed my audio snyc problem w/ Spectrum TV channel.  NOTE: did not have to change the Audio Off for the MENU volume under Setting menu.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Why can’t Roku fix audio and video sync problems????

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree with you!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well, I spoke too soon about a fix with the Audio Mode Off fix.  Turned on Roku ultra connected directly to LG OLED TV (2019) and audio sync was out of wack.  I cycled power to the Roku and seems to fix sync problem.  Probably only temporarily.  Obviously, still a problem when watching Spectrum TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

thanks for a solution to this problem I started having just this month.   IT WORKED, FINALLY LIP SYNC IS FIXED THANKS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

And your solution was...?