Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution

@Ninko 

Thanks for the notes. Could you please provide more details about which Roku device you are using, the streaming channel(s) you are encountering the issue with, and whether or not you are using any A/V receiver with your device?

Have you tried pressing the * key during playback of content in any channel to open the lefthand menu, and turning off any Volume Modes that may be enabled? Does this resolve the issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Yes yes yes. Roku Premiere 4k no AV. I tried it all. I wasted hours and hours of research on this. There was no permanent solution. I took the premiere back to shop which encountered the problem on all channels.

My express is fine and continues to work perfectly.

Thanks anyway.
Good Luck Roku Users!
0 Kudos
Ninko
Level 8

Jump to solution
Like @grahamjenkins said, I've tried everything, nothing fixes it permanently.
I'm using 3 Roku streaming stick+ devices, all are having the same problem, it affects all channels from what I can tell, it even affects the audio noise you get when pressing the remote. I'm not using any A/V equipment, just plugged into TV.
0 Kudos
nowtvman
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having exactly the same issue. Every channel is out of sync. Found out when I went to watch Now Tv last night. Tried Sky News and the same. Rebooted etc and still not working. Looks like I will be taking it back and getting another Apple Tv.

0 Kudos
BrassMonkey
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, I had the same problem when my Roku Streaming Stick+ updated to version 9.2. The syncing problem occurred in the menu (if you have sound on for button presses), also on the following apps: Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV, Youtube, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, UKTV Player, and Google Play TV & Movies. Tried the obvious things, ie pressing * when playing, rebooting, removing power for an hour, and changing settings on TV (no AV). The only thing that fixed it was a factory reset of the Stick. And then you have the nause of logging into the apps again.

nowtvman
Level 8

Jump to solution

@BrassMonkey wrote:

Hi, I had the same problem when my Roku Streaming Stick+ updated to version 9.2. The syncing problem occurred in the menu (if you have sound on for button presses), also on the following apps: Netflix, Amazon Prime, NowTV, Youtube, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, UKTV Player, and Google Play TV & Movies. Tried the obvious things, ie pressing * when playing, rebooting, removing power for an hour, and changing settings on TV (no AV). The only thing that fixed it was a factory reset of the Stick. And then you have the nause of logging into the apps again.

Thanks for your reply. Dont think I will be going down that route. Currys can have it back. And I will get a FireStick. No Now Tv, but the Tv has an app. Everything else is on the Firestick. Shame but hey ho.

0 Kudos
nowtvman
Level 8

Jump to solution

Had a reply from Roku. Turning off the leveling seems to have done the trick for now. Saved from being sucked back into Apple LOL.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Audio Out of Sync - OS 9.2

Jump to solution

@Harriev3 Did you try pressing the * key during playback of any content to open the lefthand options menu, then turn off any Volume Mode that may be enabled? Does that resolve the issue for you? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos