Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrA4Awesome
Level 7

Audio Sync Issues - Lag

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, has anyone else had issues with audio being out of sync (late) since update? Nothing in my system has changed. Other inputs (apple tv and satellite box) are working fine. Hdmi in to a matrix and then through a room 5.1 amplifier. Roku - 4640RW Ultra. YP00F2017795. 9.2.0 build 4131-29

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
wph
Level 8

Re: Audio Sync Issues - Lag

Jump to solution

My audio had broken speech this morning and after doing two resets it was good again

0 Kudos

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution
Thanks for advice.
But already tried. I Have trawled Customer Support, FAQ, Community Cloud, and the web on this. There is no help and no joy.

Argos refunded Roku Premiere no questions asked.

My roku Express still works and I like alot.

Thanks
0 Kudos
MrA4Awesome
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks wph, will try another reset when I get home tonight. I have also tried a factory reset when this first occurred.
0 Kudos
MG
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi. Yep. Had the exact same problem over the last few days. Audio and video along way out of sync. Tried resetting the Roku stick. Powered off the Roku for an hour. Still had issues. Used the Roku app on my phone to switch on private listening and then back off again. Video and audio are almost aligned now but it is still not perfect. Very annoying!

0 Kudos
MrA4Awesome
Level 7

Jump to solution
Do we think it's a firmware/build issue? Seems that my Roku Ultra was last auto-updated two/three days ago and is now having the audio issue..
0 Kudos
MG
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think it may well be. I have just read that if you press * on the remote during playback and change volume mode to "off" it may sort out the issue. It did! Temporarily. Tried it on You Tube and BBC iPlayer. Both worked. Came out of them. Back into iPlayer. Problem reoccurred. Pressed rewind on remote a couple of times and then it worked again. Sooo frustrating!

0 Kudos
Ninko
Level 8

Re: Lip sync audio and visual lagging

Jump to solution
It would be nice if a Roku representative could comment on what's going on here, it's clear it's something to do with the last software update i.e. the problem lies with Roku!
Harriev3
Level 7

Re: Audio Out of Sync - OS 9.2

Jump to solution
I've had the same issues with BBC I-player, Google play, Netflix, nowTV. The audio delay is ridiculous. Can we please find a fix asap?
0 Kudos
prm1971
Level 7

Re: Audio delay since update 1st November Streaming stick

Jump to solution

Factory reset fixed this..

0 Kudos