Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express audio sync issues

Jump to solution

Click on * go to volume mode turn it off

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Ultras. The display for both is set at 60 - not at Auto detect. I have the audio sync issues while using either Roku. (One is hooked directly to the tv; the other goes through a sound system.) Volume Mode is Off on both. 

Programs start off fine - audio cuts out for 2 seconds and then the lip sync issue starts. Only way to resolve it is by restarting the Roku. 

I read through this thread and was hopeful that turning off Auto detect would solve it for me. Alas, my Roku is not set to Auto detect so that does not work for me. 

Any other thoughts? I notice it a lot on AcornTV but it definitely occurs on the other apps as well. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

UPDATE YOUR ROKU SOFTWARE IN THE SETTINGS. It looks like updates that are now available have fixed the problem - at least on my Roku Ultra model.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I just checked. My software version is 9.2, Build 4807. It was last updated in January and says it is up to date. Do you have a different version? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The updated software now on my Ultra is 9.3.0 build 4166-46. This current version is quite a few iterations past your version.

Old Roku models may no longer be updated as their hardware cannot support the newest features. It is also true that Roku spreads out its updates over subscribers over time so as not to overwhelm their servers etc, but given your unit’s software version I suspect its an older model. You might want to check with Roku customer support to see if your model is among those no longer being updated. IF this is true you might want to consider buying a newer one - you can often get them on sale for as low as $25-$35.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Last night, none of my 3 Roku units (2 Ultra; 1 Roku 2) had updated so Roku may indeed have been rolling out the update so as not to bog down their system. Right now, all 3 Roku units just updated to 9.3, Build 4170. (Interestingly, one Ultra updated automatically but I had to instruct the other to do so.) Hopefully, the new software will solve the lip sync issue. 

Thanks for the heads up! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@SteveHC1 wrote:

The updated software now on my Ultra is 9.3.0 build 4166-46. This current version is quite a few iterations past your version.

THANK YOU @SteveHC1 FOR THE HEADS-UP!  Because of you, yesterday morning (May 30th) I checked & my Roku had already automatically updated to one particular build of 9.3.0......I can't remember specifically which build, because I then manually checked for updates again, and another update was available:  v9.3.0 Build 4170-29, so I installed that.

Its too early for me to declare this has fully solved the problem (because I *think* the problem was somewhat intermittent in nature, but I implemented the workaround of disabling the auto-refresh setting so long ago, I can't remember for sure).  However, so far, so good, as I don't think my family has seen any audio sync problems since the updates were installed as of yesterday morning.

Thanks for everyone's assistance in this thread!  Also, thank you Roku for finally, seemingly fixing this problem, although its unfortunate it took so many months to (seemingly) fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I watched Acorn TV for 5 hours last night and only had 1 lip sync issue as opposed to 2 or 3 every hour prior to the update. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Still having issues 9.3.0 4182

0 Kudos