Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrTiTo1001
Level 7

Re: Audio Out of Sync - OS 9.2

Jump to solution
Thanks for the detailed response, I really appreciate it. I’m in the OS 9.2 and this is only a recent issue. Like you, I have a soundbar and Roku is connected to the TV HDMI. TV, soundbar and Roku have all been reset but the problem continues. However, the issue is only with the lipsync on the BBC iPlayer app as all other apps loaded on the Roku work perfectly. I know the issue isn’t with the BBC iPlayer, because if I access via the app on my smart tv or Freeview box there are no lipsync issues at all and, therefore, the issue must be with the Roku software especially, reading these posts, the problem seems to be an issue for many. So, I do have a workaround but it’s just a bit inconvenient, as accessing everything through one place (Roku) was just so much easier. I’m hoping Roku remedy this soon, otherwise I’ll switch to Amazon Firestick which I have in a box somewhere. However, I really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
westmaine
Level 7

Re: Issues encountered since 9.2 update- audio not syncing

Jump to solution

I also have an audio sync issue.  It has gotten worse over the last month or so.  Started with Amazon Prime streaming and occurred also on CBS.  Here are our details:

ROKU 3700 X, Software ver. 9.2,

We are watching on an old (2009) Sony Bravia, model KDL-32M4000, LCD Digital color TV.

Could this be an issue with the ver. 9.2?  We checked to see if our internet could be the issue and watched the same show on TV and computer.  When the audio stopped syncing on the TV is continued to work fine on the computer.  The TV and computer are both operating wireless.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@MrTiTo1001  Thanks for letting us know what you're experiencing. A couple things to try here: 

1. Please visit Settings>System>System update>Check now to see if an update is available. After updating, try streaming content again. Does this clear up the issue? 

2. If you haven't already, during playback of content in any channel, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the left. Look for 'Volume Mode' and try turning this option off if it is enabled. Does this help resolve the audio sync issue? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
charlie2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been using a Roku 2 with a cable connection for streaming and have not experienced audio or video issues.  The Roku Express+ that I just received as an upgrade displays video that is not synchronized with the sound.  The volume mode suggestion did not fix the issue, and the system is the most current version.  I streamed Amazon Prime, and the audio out-of-sync issue is present for two different programs.  Any other suggestions?  Do I need to return the unit to Roku?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@charlie2 Please try visiting Settings>System>About and check for a system update. Once you've updated your device, you might also try removing the Amazon Prime Video channel, restart your device once more, then add the channel back again and try playing content. If you still encounter an issue, please try pressing the * key during playback and turning Volume Modes off to see if this helps clear up the issue. 

Please let us know how it goes from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
charlie2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just received the Roku Express+ on Nov 21, 2019.  The most current system update was applied on start-up, and the channels also loaded at that time.  I just reset the device, checked for the current system update, and reloaded the channels.  Volume Modes is off.  Although the Roku 2 purchased 7 years ago is much slower to load than the new Express+, the Roku 2 delivers a much better viewing experience with video and audio synchronized.  Other ideas?

0 Kudos
charlie2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I received a suggestion that downgrading my Roku Express+ to 9.1 will solve the audio out-of-sync issue.  Is this feasible?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@charlie2 Thanks for the note. Unfortunately, no, that isn't an option that is currently available. Please visit Settings>System>System update>Check now once more to see if any new updates are available for your device. I might also recommend that you try removing the channel you are seeing an issue with, restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart, then adding the channel back once more. This may also help clear up issues. 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Russkinguk
Level 7

Jump to solution
I've just tried the following advice and sadly, it doesn't make any difference whatsoever...

"Settings>System>System restart, then adding the channel back once more. This may also help clear up issues"

I'm interested in the downgrade to 9.1 if I can help you diagnose the issue at all. Presumably you understand the issue and a fix is on the way?
0 Kudos
MrTiTo1001
Level 7

Jump to solution
Tanner, thanks for the message. I have done all of the above and the problem still persists.
0 Kudos